Here's the bebe@5-7 weeks old. What do you guys think now? =)

chicknhawaii

Songster
14 Years
May 15, 2008
Honolulu, HI
I'm back again, this time more than a week has gone by since the last pics.
big_smile.png
Just to recap, this is a rescue chick from my friend's yard & it had a solid black sibling that didn't make it.
sad.png
It's a product of her neighbor's chickens & they could be breeders (or not). My avatar is a pic of when bebe first came home with us.

It does have a little bump (spur?) on the back of both legs, if that means anything. The youngest this bebe can be is 5-wks old & the oldest almost 7 weeks old. I love the red-brown coming in on the chest.
big_smile.png

10425_dscf5372.jpg

10425_dscf5371.jpg

10425_dscf5375.jpg

Last edited:
mother o' chicks72 :

I'm going to say EE pullet. her legs are very thin and pullet-like

X2
smile.png

I LOVE YOU BOTH!!! LOL
lol.png

This is the bebe I've been posting and most have said roo! =/ I don't know if it's an EE or not (most likely not here in Hawai`i) however you never know with them green legs lol. Many were saying OEGB or other game bantam. I guess we have more weeks of guessing but I like the pullet answers this time hehe.
celebrate.gif

It's not an EE, it's a BBR OEGB pullet. I have one too and if I posted a pic you would swear I posted a pic of your bird. Mine has a lovely personality though so you should be pleased. It should lay white or cream colored eggs.

Also with the feathering I'm going to guess closer to 5 weeks than 7.

Last edited:
Quote:
minor, TY so much for posting.
big_smile.png
A Maui chicken enthusiast said BBR OEGB from the start & has always maintained that the bebe is a pullet.
yippiechickie.gif
I took the bebe to the local hatchery & they said 2-week-old BBR OEGB back at the beginning of March. So if I go with their guesstimate, it'd be closer to 7 weeks old.

However, judging by what my friend said (the one who rescued the bebe), it sounded as if the bebe hatched at some point the first week in March.

I think it's interesting how a lot of people were certain this was a roo. I was in denial it could be a roo but I was also researching ways to be able to keep a roo here in the city. I would love to see your BBR!

OMG SO CUTE!!! She looks smaller than my bebe - I guess a week makes that big a difference!
wee.gif
I'm wondering though...maybe my girl's crossed with something else? Her legs are green like an EE but omg that's great, right down to the brown on the beak!

Back
Top Bottom