Heritage & Exhibition Turkey Thread

idunno.gif

totaly depends on the bird... some will lay 12 or so and set and some will lay all year and never set... if it was me and i wanted her to set i would take all her eggs and put fake ones in the nest or chicken eggs then when she starts to set replace them with the eggs u have saved up...
If I leave eggs for the hen how many or how long would a reasonable guess be before she would sit them??

Okay...My hen Turkey needs a new roost area...one seperated from the ducks she likes ....do turkeys lay their eggs in the same area as the ducks...maybe an ignorant question and since chickens are smaller what is the size of the nesting box, like twice the size of a chicken nesting box? is it harder to hatch turkeys then chickens in an incubator? so many questions....since my hen has been without a tom I'm thinking about incubating or buying chicks of the red bourbon turkey..

Elias, for how long do you think Turkey eggs are good for? I can't imagine bating her into brooding only to find all her eggs to old to bother with.

I have blue slates and their temperament is fine.
Just make sure they have lots of clean water and shade.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom