Heritage New Hampshires

Do you see what trouble you have stirred Taylor? You seam to have that way about you. Now you have turned the New Hampshire thread into a Dominique debate. Just kidding Taylor.

Quote:
Oh Kathy, don't sweat that stuff. You don't have enough work chasing Icelandics, busting broodies, working a full time job and every thing else? I think my son wanted to make contact with the contributor of his birds more than anything. I think he has wrote a letter and has taken some pictures now. I also meant to imply the New Hampshires. It doesn't seam that many know the background of the bird other than how they were developed.
Many don't know that New Hampshires were used to develop some of the modern production reds etc. Another thread today mentioned Cackle Hatchery's claim to the old Newcomer strain. They were setting laying trial record's in their day. Edgar mentioned that early on there was a prominent meat strain and laying strain of New Hampshires. Many Europeans put down their Rhodes in favor of the New Hampshire. Also the first two Chicken of Tomorrow contests were won by a NH Cornish cross. They were used to develop the Deleware, etc. etc.

I am just loving this breed more and more. I hope to read more info on this site and I alos hope to see more pics. They are just beautiful. Mine are now about 15 weeks. Any idea of when to expect them to start laying? I figure it will be a few more weeks.

27698_100_5232.jpg

27698_100_5215.jpg

Quote:
NICE!!
smile.png

Some more pics of those beautiful orange chickens
lol.png

Good looking birds there Mr. Jensen, and yes I have noticed my NH's are more laid back than some other breeds but its just good for me I love 'em.

Jeff

Now I need to dust off the 'ol lens on my camera and see if I can remember how to upload pics on here again as its been a while and I tend to forget things like that if I don't stay in practice (shameful huh?).
hide.gif

Jeff, I hope you have an easier time than myself. Still, please do.

Quote:
Just checked the 2010 APA SOP and under American Class is Dominique and the same under breed description.

Also checked the ABA Standard and the breed is listed as Dominique.

There is no accepted variety of Dominique in Old English Game in the APA SOP.

Cuckoo and Barred are listed in the ABA no variety listed as Dominique.

The APA and ABA standards are what we go by here in the US.

Just checked the 2010 APA SOP and under American Class is Dominique and the same under breed description.

In the 2001 SoP it states in the header "Dominique" but if read in the breed description with in the first sentence it states American Dominique.

That doesn't mean that there isn't a variety that is called a Dom/ Dominique.

Again, That doesn't mean that there isn't a variety that is called a Dom/ Dominique. There is a whole other world of poultry and poultry shows out side of the APA/ABA when it come to Game type fowl.

The APA and ABA standards are what we go by here in the US

I guess that would depend on what you breed and show.
The American Gamefowl Society has there own Standard and shows and I am sure that there are others also.

Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against the APA or the ASoP I breed some of my birds to it.

Sorry for getting off topic.

Chris​

Let us agree to disagree.

If you go outside of the mainstream exhibition you will find all kinds of names that do not apply to APA or ABA breeds.

This topic is about New Hampshires so we are a bit off topic.​

Quote:

In the 2001 SoP it states in the header "Dominique" but if read in the breed description with in the first sentence it states American Dominique.

That doesn't mean that there isn't a variety that is called a Dom/ Dominique.

Again, That doesn't mean that there isn't a variety that is called a Dom/ Dominique. There is a whole other world of poultry and poultry shows out side of the APA/ABA when it come to Game type fowl.

The APA and ABA standards are what we go by here in the US

I guess that would depend on what you breed and show.
The American Gamefowl Society has there own Standard and shows and I am sure that there are others also.

Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against the APA or the ASoP I breed some of my birds to it.

Sorry for getting off topic.

Chris​

Let us agree to disagree.

If you go outside of the mainstream exhibition you will find all kinds of names that do not apply to APA or ABA breeds.

This topic is about New Hampshires so we are a bit off topic.​

The New Hampshire Breeders Club of America is reorganizing and our new Secretary/Treasurer is:

New Hampshire Breeders Club of America
Brett Kreifels
P.O. Box 113 425 Chestnut St.
Springfield, NE 68059
(402) 679-1174
[email protected]

We will also be having a chat at NHBCA Yahoo Group Chat on the first Thursday of the month at 8pm EST.​

Quote:
Breeders Club? I am no breeder, but I sure love this breed. I like joining clubs of the breeds I enjoy, if for nothing else, I feel I give them a little support.
idunno.gif
But, I don't know that I would be interested in joining a breeders club. Sounds intimidating to a beginner like me.

Quote:
Breeders Club? I am no breeder, but I sure love this breed. I like joining clubs of the breeds I enjoy, if for nothing else, I feel I give them a little support.
idunno.gif
But, I don't know that I would be interested in joining a breeders club. Sounds intimidating to a beginner like me.

It is a club where members come to learn and others to teach about the breed New Hampshire.

Chats are on the first Thursday of the month at 8pm EST on NHBCA Yahoo Group Chat.

You do not have to be a member to Chat!

Quote:
Excuse me while I go wipe the drool off my face!!!
I must get eggs from you or Kathy. I had hatchery NHRs for a year and they laid great but they didn't look anything like yours.
Can't wait to get some of these soon.

I just went by cpartist's farm, woohoo
ep.gif
, got to see some of these in person...incredible, makes you
he.gif
when you think you knew what they were supposed to look like. They look like "A-List Royalty"...

thanks Luanne, very nice of you to share!

Back
Top Bottom