Heritage New Hampshires

Quote:
I bet they look just like gjensen's.
lol.png

Ms. Luanne was very complimentary of her dealings with you Kathy, good stuff!

wanted to give you both kudos!

it was worth your drive huh?

Gosh, you guys are making me blush
hide.gif

Thomas, it was great meeting you and talking chickens...

Kathy, you are the best....I love these birds you sent....
The Barred Rocks, Delawares, and New Hampshire's...they totally rock
love.gif

These New Hampshire's are so beautiful they literally take my breath away!

Quote:
COOL!

Nice looking dudes and gals there Hillbilly Hen

Yeah Mr. Jensen I plan on getting some pics soon of my NH group. Just like Kathy said: they all do to look just like (yours) gjensen, hers and now that I've seen Hillbilly Hens too, for some odd reason, humm I wonder why? reckon
lol.png

Jeff

Last edited:
catdaddy, you live in vernon parish? i'm in evangeline, pine prairie to be exact. anyway, you have heritage new hamps?, had some hatchery ones (from cackle) they layed well, but nothing much in the body size and configuration. bought some welsummers 5mos ago, like the way they look, but again no body size. i would love to get some true new hamps, are yours good setters? would really like to be able to get a sustainable breed to use for eggs and meat, don't have an incubator, and would really prefer the chickens to do it themselves, anyways, you feel like sharing?

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
there te dave

Hey there fellow La-yer good to see another LA person on the BYC there's a Louisiana La-yer thread in the Where am I,Where are you sec. might want to check it out introduce yourself and see who your nieghbours may be on here.

On the NH's I only have 4 at this time around the 3 mo. age 3 cockerels and 1 lone pullet so I don't know if she'll be a setter or not. I have'nt heard <kathyinmo> (which is where I got my start {eggs} from) say anything about any of hers wanting to set any so far but they are'nt really that old yet either, I think hers will be around a year old sometime this fall and some hens will wait till later in age before going broody if they ever do at all. So needless to say my one young lady is going to have to perform real good for me so I can get some offspring going to build up my flock of New Hampshires. I'm gonna set every egg she lays after a couple of months of being in production and by then MAYBE the temps will have dropped low enough to start incubating up again without the eggs practically baking in the incubator. It'll be a slow process but that's ok as I will have my hands full with the on-going Delaware project also, too.
wink.png

Keep in contact and check in ever so often to see how's it going I already have people asking about my "real" New Hampshires on the
www.louisianachickens.com site might go over there and check them out too if you haven't yet.

Later on man, cest si bon

Jeff

Last edited:
Quote:
OK there Mrs. Kathy thanks for the info there, I new you'd come thru promptly on that one.
lol.png

Well there ya go there <te dave> straight from the horses mouth (sorry for the pun Mrs. Kathy)
hide.gif
now just have to wait a bit and see how goes it.

Jeff

Ps Oh by the way its finally raining here Mrs. Kathy, there maybe hope still yet for my corn crop. Sure would save me a small fortune on this winters feed bill if it would make a crop for me. I'm trying to use my resources good as I have the land and Lord knows the fertilizer (phsewee)
lol.png
all I need is for Mother Nature to do her part and supply the water and all should be good .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom