Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock/Show Quality Rock Thread

Thanks so much! Sorry I wasn’t receiving notifications either. Is buff barred a legit color? I don’t have space for tons of roosters but she likes a mix’s of colors so I was trying to get her a couple colors
Think of lemon Cuckoo Orpington for an example of Buff Barred?

I have Project Wheaten Crele Orpingtons that I'm working on using Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, & Australorps.
I'm using Buff for the Wheaten portion of the genetics. I will be fixing up a few flaws, like yellow skin, Squirrel Tail, & weird posture.

I'm gonna be adding alittle Welsummer for the Black Breasted Red type coloration, & Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock for cleaner barring. I do like the Red Crele pattern I have going on too.

Think of lemon Cuckoo Orpington for an example of Buff Barred?

I have Project Wheaten Crele Orpingtons that I'm working on using Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, & Australorps.
I'm using Buff for the Wheaten portion of the genetics. I will be fixing up a few flaws, like yellow skin, Squirrel Tail, & weird posture.

I'm gonna be adding alittle Welsummer for the Black Breasted Red type coloration, & Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock for cleaner barring. I do like the Red Crele pattern I have going on too.
Oh I looked them up they’re very pretty I just didn’t know if it was a show able color?

Hey guys! I just found this thread, and thought I’d share something personal. One of my dear Barred Plymouth Rocks, Henlloween, passed away this last Saturday. She was one of my first brown egg layers, and she was still a small pullet. I miss her everyday, and sit by her grave for hours at a time. Anyways, sorry to bring down the mood but I felt like I needed to get my feelings out :,(

AFD844F8-02A6-4F40-91DF-EF2D17E06F57.jpeg

Barred Rock cockerels/Roosters have a tendency of being human aggressive, so it's not their fault their that way. I haven't heard of a friendly one yet.
Really? I thought I had the only BR Rooster that was human aggressive, seriously (well kinda, I thought my guy was abnormal with his tendencies)! He was treated like a king as a chick and once those hormones kicked in, so did his joy for flogging or at the very least jumping at me like he was threatening to flog me. I've tried everything with him. I finally decided that his aggression was caused by my daughter and I being so inexperienced, which is still likely the case, but I guess it makes me feel a teeny bit better (in a wierd way) that it's not all on me and some of it is the possibly the breed. He's still alive and here while I work up the guts to cull him or find someone to help me with it. He's almost 2 years old and has recently started biting me if I try to tend to his injuries from him trying to move up the pecking order in his hatchmates bachelor Flock.

Back
Top Bottom