Heritage White Dorking Thread

They look good Joseph. It is nice to see someone put that kind of effort in to a breed. It should be a lesson to all of us. Everyone puts a lot of effort into their birds, but if we all just went that extra step or two. I think that extra step or two makes a big difference.

I wonder if after building the coops and buying the feed, we settle as if it is enough. Just one step shy of enough.

Anyways, I think what you are doing is a good example of how to do it. Even if someone cannot do it on the scale that you do, they can still mimic the approach. Learn from it.

They look good Joseph. It is nice to see someone put that kind of effort in to a breed. It should be a lesson to all of us. Everyone puts a lot of effort into their birds, but if we all just went that extra step or two. I think that extra step or two makes a big difference.

I wonder if after building the coops and buying the feed, we settle as if it is enough. Just one step shy of enough.

Anyways, I think what you are doing is a good example of how to do it. Even if someone cannot do it on the scale that you do, they can still mimic the approach. Learn from it.

Thanks, gjensen, I hope it does inspire. It inspired me the first time I saw a breeder do this. It was exciting. I was really remarking today how much more efficacious it is to go over birds when they're all in a line like this. It really makes it easier to assess and compare. After one gets used to it, one begins to see how one can really make selection progress.

I'd love to see photos of your Catalanas like this. That would be rather cool!

Thanks, gjensen, I hope it does inspire. It inspired me the first time I saw a breeder do this. It was exciting. I was really remarking today how much more efficacious it is to go over birds when they're all in a line like this. It really makes it easier to assess and compare. After one gets used to it, one begins to see how one can really make selection progress.

I'd love to see photos of your Catalanas like this. That would be rather cool!
God willing, you will next year.

Back
Top Bottom