Heritage White Dorking Thread

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the SOP' started by Yellow House Farm, Nov 3, 2013.

1. TJPENN

TJPENN Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2013
    Greenville, TX
    Joseph, do you still offer the weekend classes? If so, where can I find the schedule?

Thanks, TJ

2. Yellow House Farm

Yellow House Farm Overrun With Chickens

Jun 22, 2009
    Barrington, NH
    We haven't scheduled anything yet. We have a lot of fun doing the workshops, but it might be a bit of a commute for you :)

3. TJPENN

Jul 16, 2013
    Greenville, TX
    I think you have so much to offer that I would fly in for your workshop. I'm dedicating my farm to White Dorkings and share your passion but I have very little knowledge. I'm from Dallas, moved to the country last year. I've have never been near a slaughter
    and need to get over my fear of reality!

4. TJPENN

Jul 16, 2013
    Greenville, TX
    Good Morning, Joseph. I'm on the spring waiting list and we are bulding structures and poutry fencing. Any idea when the 1st hatchings will begin shipping so we can set our time deadlines?

Thanks,
    TJ Penn

5. Yellow House Farm

Jun 22, 2009
    Barrington, NH
    Greetings!

We should start shipping by the end of February. We'll let folks know a week or two ahead of time when we plan to ship chicks.

6. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Can anyone recommend a breeder who sells 6 months+ old white dorkings? We're looking for birds my kids can show that are heritage, but not the same as everyone else's birds. Thank you :)

7. Yellow House Farm

Jun 22, 2009
    Barrington, NH
    Greetings! There might be a few options, but the timing is a bit off. It's not quite the season for 6 month old birds.

8. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Thank you and I apologize for not explaining myself better. I just meant old enough to show, which in my head means older than 6 months. Do you recommend starting with chicks instead?

9. mg15

mg15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2012
    XWPoultryranch.com has Dorkings.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  10. Canieldonrad

Canieldonrad Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    Dry Ridge, KY
    Joseph, entertain me. I think I might like the added benefit of weight and clean dressing carcass. As well as introducing an alternative in color choice to La Flèche. Is the White Dorking, in fact, recessive? If so it may be a neat project overtime.

Do you know if they hold back any pattern genes such as barring? As that seems to be a common La Flèche color pattern outside of the US.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by