Heritage White Dorking Thread

We haven't scheduled anything yet. We have a lot of fun doing the workshops, but it might be a bit of a commute for you :)
I think you have so much to offer that I would fly in for your workshop. I'm dedicating my farm to White Dorkings and share your passion but I have very little knowledge. I'm from Dallas, moved to the country last year. I've have never been near a slaughter
and need to get over my fear of reality!

Good Morning, Joseph. I'm on the spring waiting list and we are bulding structures and poutry fencing. Any idea when the 1st hatchings will begin shipping so we can set our time deadlines?

Thanks,
TJ Penn

Good Morning, Joseph. I'm on the spring waiting list and we are bulding structures and poutry fencing. Any idea when the 1st hatchings will begin shipping so we can set our time deadlines?

Thanks,
TJ Penn

Greetings!

We should start shipping by the end of February. We'll let folks know a week or two ahead of time when we plan to ship chicks.

Can anyone recommend a breeder who sells 6 months+ old white dorkings? We're looking for birds my kids can show that are heritage, but not the same as everyone else's birds. Thank you :)

Can anyone recommend a breeder who sells 6 months+ old white dorkings? We're looking for birds my kids can show that are heritage, but not the same as everyone else's birds. Thank you
smile.png

Greetings! There might be a few options, but the timing is a bit off. It's not quite the season for 6 month old birds.

Thank you and I apologize for not explaining myself better. I just meant old enough to show, which in my head means older than 6 months. Do you recommend starting with chicks instead?

Can anyone recommend a breeder who sells 6 months+ old white dorkings? We're looking for birds my kids can show that are heritage, but not the same as everyone else's birds. Thank you :)

XWPoultryranch.com has Dorkings.

Last edited:
It might be an interesting 3 to 4 year side project to work them into a few La Fleche and see what happens.
Joseph, entertain me. I think I might like the added benefit of weight and clean dressing carcass. As well as introducing an alternative in color choice to La Flèche. Is the White Dorking, in fact, recessive? If so it may be a neat project overtime.

Do you know if they hold back any pattern genes such as barring? As that seems to be a common La Flèche color pattern outside of the US.

Back
Top Bottom