Squeak61

Songster
5 Years
May 22, 2017
Connecticut
Hi everyone! I have absolutely amazing news: I'm getting a tortoise! :ya I am so excited! I'm getting a hermanns, and I think I'll be getting it from Tortoise Supply (unless anyone has any other recommendations). I used to have a tortoise years and years ago, and I'm so excited to be getting one again! I just wanted to share the exciting news! Pictures coming soon ;)

Here's my new little tort! I ended up getting a Russian instead of a Hermanns. Introducing my tortoise Charlie! :)

IMG_8990[1].JPG
IMG_8986[1].JPG

How long do they live? How much space do they need?
I really want one now....:D
They usually live about 60+ years with proper care, and they need a MINIMUM square footage of their size in inches x 2 (ex: 4 inch tortoise = 8 sq feet) and access to an outdoor pen. They're a huge commitment, but it's worth it :)

They usually live about 60+ years with proper care, and they need a MINIMUM square footage of their size in inches x 2 (ex: 4 inch tortoise = 8 sq feet) and access to an outdoor pen. They're a huge commitment, but it's worth it :)
That's cool, I was asking because I've saw pictures of them on somebody's farm out in a pen with a couple chickens. It looked like a nice set up. The one they had was HUGE. Like the ones you see at the zoo. Lol. It does sound like a big commitment but would be super cool to have. Ehh..to bad I have to much to care for as it is. I love turtles.:D I hope you enjoy your new turtle:)

That's cool, I was asking because I've saw pictures of them on somebody's farm out in a pen with a couple chickens. It looked like a nice set up. The one they had was HUGE. Like the ones you see at the zoo. Lol. It does sound like a big commitment but would be super cool to have. Ehh..to bad I have to much to care for as it is. I love turtles.:D I hope you enjoy your new turtle:)
They’re definitely amazing pets (in my opinion) :D Maybe one day you can get one! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom