Heterochromia? Two Different Colored Eyes?

Aug 20, 2017
I have a chicken with a case of Heterochromia. She has two different colored eyes. The left is a light grey. The right eye is a normal orange. I wanted to ask a question about Heterochromia.
If a chicken has it. Can it pass it down to its children? I have a project that I do to a group of chickens. They are called “The Royal Family” because their grandmother was my favorite chicken and I wanted her bloodline to continue as long as possible. I want to introduce a different type of chicken or condition every time to see the outcome.

Amer

Enabler
Nov 8, 2017
Wisconsin
My Coop
My Coop
Sounds more like ocular Mareks. It’s a less dangerous form of Mareks that causes one or both eyes to turn grey and the pupil to become irregular. It’s fairly safe, other than possibly causing blindness, but is not hereditary.
Here is a slightly disturbing image of two eyes, one that doesn’t display it, one that does display it:
upload_2019-12-18_17-25-5.jpeg

Aug 20, 2017
Well, she doesn’t go near any young birds. The young birds stay on the other side of the yard. So, does it cause blindness in both eyes or just one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom