Hey All, I'm New Here!:)

Loverofallemo

Chirping
Aug 4, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes and no, I actually grew up on a farm where we had chickens AND we currently have backyard chickens, BUT I probably don't know enough about chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 5 currently, started with 4, then 1 died like a year and a half ago, and then added 2 new ones at the beginning of the year when a friend was getting rid of his.

(3) What breeds do you have?

1 Buff Orpington aka Orpy, 1 Barred Rock aka TB, 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte aka Cannonball, and then the 2 we got from the friend I am not sure of... both are mainly white Judy is huge and Bertha looks like she has some mutton chops going on

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They are just fun in general, I like sitting at the table in the morning for tea and watching them. They lay eggs that taste WAY better than store bought too.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Knitting and crocheting, and other introvert type things.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We (my parents and me) have the chickens, an aussie named Echo, 2 cats aka Castor and Pollux, and two fish tanks (my mum loves fish).

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

We've actually known about them for a while just haven't signed up to join yet.

79062397-3552-458E-9EBD-B1A1A1728011.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom