hey all you Coturnix freaks! Say hello to Ironsun! :)

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
He's a new pal of mine from over where the Coturnix are MUCH more colorful to say the least.
smile.png
I can deffiantly say he's going to be an asset to all of us on here, being as he's had, what'd you say.... 30 years experience with birds? yes yes... something like that!
smile.png
ANYWHOOOOO be sure to give him a welcome!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Hi,

Well thank you for your warm welcome Monarc.

A bit about myself, I've worked within the poultry industry for over 30 years, obtained a HNC in poultry husbandry At the West of Scotland Collage, Scotland, UK.
I've dabbled with quail a number of years now, mainly trying to produce new colours, I haven't as yet, but you never know.

Late last season, I hatched out two red eyed whites, A white bird with cinnamon patches but with red eyes. These turn out a pair and produced 4 fertile eggs before a rat killed the hen.
Result was two more red eyed whites. These two birds are with Cinnamons and should start laying soon.

I hope to get some photo's posted with the names we call them in England for comparsion, with some colours you may have not seen before

Ironsun

Hi! I'm not sure if I'm a freak... more of a nut, hmmm, well maybe a superfreak al-la James Brown, hmmmm I defy classification.
gig.gif

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you around.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom