Hey Chicken Lovers - I'm new here and new to keeping chickens

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

I think it's probably a big enough coop to put them in at night, but I would let them out by day for as long as possible. Our chickens really get a lot of exercise running around all day, and cooped up chickens make for grouchy chickens.

Hi guys

Overwhelmed by the welcome and many helpful replies from everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome and sorry for the late reply

Here is a short video showing the update to the run that i've done to give them a bit more space

Thanks again for all the advice, too many to thank lol Hopefully I remain active on this forum and get to know you guys.
0.jpg

Here is a short video showing the update to the run that i've done to give them a bit more space
Thanks for the video. I can see you girls much better in it. You have 3 Red Sex Links (the ones with white in the tails) and 1 Production Red (I didn't see any white in the tail of the one that ends up on the upper right corner when the camera is at the end of the run looking down on the four of them).

Can anyone give me some advice I have my hens since July they were 16week old when I got them and about 6weeks later they started to lay.A few soft ones to start but then good hard shells.this last week 2 of them has started to lay soft ones a don't think I have been feeding them any different and they have loads of space anyone any ideas of what might be wrong or is this normal for young hens thanks

Back
Top Bottom