Hey chicken peeps!!!

The_Flock

Songster
Aug 24, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone. My name is Sabrina and I love my chickens. Right now I have 14 chickens. They are a mix of Copper Maran, Columbian Wyandotte, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Ameraucana, Golden Sexlink and an Olive Egger (she could be an Ameraucana though lol). My girls are very friendly and tend to greet new people when they come over...well as long as those new peeps are with me. Lol. I've had chickens for 3 years now and have had 3 major injuries in my flock (including one I posted in the emergencies thread today) and one loss from a predator (Osprey) so far. That was very sad for my family.
Other than that all seems well here on our funny farm. My chickens have a 1/3 of an acre here on our property in Canada. And that's just the chicken yard. We all love them...even my dogs and cat happily and calmly hang out together with them.
I know I have much to learn and would love to learn with you guys.

Hello! Welcome to BYC!! :frow Sorry to hear of your troubles. I will check out your other post. Glad your animals all get along well!
Thank you. I look forward to this relationship. It's important to me that all animals with me at least tolerate eachother. Lol.
Yes thank you for looking at the other thread. I appreciate it. ❤

Hello Sabrina and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - Canada

Best wishes

Pork Pie
Thank you very much.

Hello, Sabrina, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Lucky you that your dogs don't go after the chickens. Mine cannot be trusted around my flock AT ALL.
I hear you. My brother's dog is that way around my chickens too. I had a chat with my dogs and told them that they all have to get along. I must admit that my timing for correction is really good because I also do behaviour work on dogs, cats, horses, chickens (lol) and because kids accompany me with all these animals listed they also get awesome life lessons on communication, gentleness and understanding. It was a process with my animals but sooo worth it now. ❤

Back
Top Bottom