Hey cockatoo owners!!

Do you love cockatoos?

• Total voters
Pics
paco will give you warning 'clamp' when he's mad. That is your ONE warning, he'll grab your finger, bite it to the point it hurts but wont cut it look at you very sternly push your hand away from him and let go. if you go in to touch him again or grab him, all best are off.

Remember now, this is a bird that has chewed holes in a steel cap off a beer bottle and crumpled the cap into a chewed ball so they can inflict some major damage.

This is also the bird who will preen me and gently pick off the tiniest scabs, or even remove part of a bee stinger from your arm, which totally amazed me how he did that ! I was going to go dig it out later, but he seen it when he was 'preening me' and dinged it right out. This can get annoying though when he picks scabs, the little scabs his sharp little claws make when he climbs up your arm after chewing them sharp again after you just got done filing them down :D

They make great pets but, can get very loud, and can get moody. Especially when it's mating season. I won't go into detail the day he defiled my coffee mug :(

Aaron

i didnt know this existed, thank you for pointing me to here.
No problem, happy to have a fellow cockatoo owner!
paco will give you warning 'clamp' when he's mad. That is your ONE warning, he'll grab your finger, bite it to the point it hurts but wont cut it look at you very sternly push your hand away from him and let go. if you go in to touch him again or grab him, all best are off.
Nice that he warns you.
Remember now, this is a bird that has chewed holes in a steel cap off a beer bottle and crumpled the cap into a chewed ball so they can inflict some major damage.
No doubt about that, cookie cracks walnuts and tears up my HARD wooden dresser with ease.
This is also the bird who will preen me and gently pick off the tiniest scabs, or even remove part of a bee stinger from your arm, which totally amazed me how he did that ! I was going to go dig it out later, but he seen it when he was 'preening me' and dinged it right out. This can get annoying though when he picks scabs, the little scabs his sharp little claws make when he climbs up your arm after chewing them sharp again after you just got done filing them down :D
Cookie does that too....unfortunately even the scab picking.
They make great pets but, can get very loud, and can get moody. Especially when it's mating season. I won't go into detail the day he defiled my coffee mug :(

Aaron
Oh dear....I would hate to see that mug. RIP mug 😆
Probably one of my favorite cockatoo vids!
Ahhb I've seen that. Just like my cookie dancing! Except cookie is vicious with the head banging 😆 🤣

paco dances and head bangs and does like figure 8's with his head and stomps back and forth and somer saults but NOT if you are watching. If you watch he won't do that, if you leave the room he has a blast. If you try to set up a camera it's like he knows and will be very weak. The only one time he danced with me, I was drinking heavily and had him on a stick giving him 'airplane rides' around the room, listening to music and singing to him and he was dancing. (Thank GOD I did NOT record that :cringe: ) but otherwise you have to leave the room or hide in the kitchen area or pretend seriously you are not paying attention to him or he wont dance. One of his favorite songs is Theory of a Deadman - Lowlife and that Chicken Dance song that the kids do.

Aaron

paco dances and head bangs and does like figure 8's with his head and stomps back and forth and somer saults but NOT if you are watching. If you watch he won't do that, if you leave the room he has a blast. If you try to set up a camera it's like he knows and will be very weak. The only one time he danced with me, I was drinking heavily and had him on a stick giving him 'airplane rides' around the room, listening to music and singing to him and he was dancing. (Thank GOD I did NOT record that :cringe: ) but otherwise you have to leave the room or hide in the kitchen area or pretend seriously you are not paying attention to him or he wont dance. One of his favorite songs is Theory of a Deadman - Lowlife and that Chicken Dance song that the kids do.

Aaron
Lol, cookie won't dance if I record her but will infront of me! She also swings from under her perch but only on camera

Back
Top Bottom