Hey, everybody!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by YellowLegs, Oct 5, 2014.

1. YellowLegs

YellowLegs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Coast of North Carolina
    Hey, everybody! I am new to this site, but I have been lurking about for about a week now before I decided to join. I simply LOVE chickens! They are one of my favorite animals, alongside dogs. But I'm a huge animal lover in general, I just happen to find chicken really interesting and cute to watch. I don't own any chickens, but I would really love too. Anyways, I wanted to say hello to everyone and looking forward to chatting with people who chickens as much as I do! [​IMG]

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

We all love chickens here on BYC! Glad you do too!

You sound like me, an animal lover who lists chickens as a favorite right next to dogs![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG]

You should look into getting backyard chickens, there more fun than any animal/fowl lover could imagine. Easier care than dogs and just a little more trouble than a house cat.

Glad you joined the forums, truly hope you'll get your own flock.

4. YellowLegs

Oct 5, 2014
    Coast of North Carolina
    Thank you! I love my dogs, I currently have two goldens one being a 4 months old and the other 12 years old. I did have a yellow lab but we loss her to cancer back on July 19 of this year. I would love to raise some hens but my mother isn't on board with that idea and plus the neighborhood we live in don't allow it. But I still want them! [​IMG]

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Sorry, if you can't get support in getting chickens, then you'll have to wait til you are able to….but welcome, and learn….One day, if ya really want them , then you will.

6. YellowLegs

Oct 5, 2014
    Coast of North Carolina
    On day I shall chickens! [​IMG] But, I have enjoy reading about others on here journeys with raising and hatching chickens and seeing their pictures of them.

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. We all love chickens here. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Is there any particular chicken breed you would like to have?

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Maybe if your family saw tiny seramas - bred in Malaysia to be house pets. They would let you have one or two indoors. They accept confinement well and will happily sit in a chair and watch tv with you or stare at the screen when you play video games. People could easily mistake them for some kind of rare parrot. Google pictures of seramas/serama chicks you won't believe how tiny they are.

There is a video on you tube, I think called" Phillip fetches,"he is a serama rooster that actually runs and fetches rubber bands. His owners also dress up some of their birds in home made costumes. Oh well. There is a great thread on BYC called "People with house chickens." it's getting more popular every day and neighbors don't know what's going on so don't make the complaints. Seramas even can live in a large parrot cage - when not out playing.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by