Hey everyone…Burnt Brass Homestead here!!

Hi...I am from the NE tri-state area. I have moved from a major city to a rural area to raise livestock and grow food. We typically have on hand 10 layers and 1 rooster. Each year we order about 100 hundred male Cornish Cross meat birds (50 at a time) to feed our family (and some guests) for the year.

Chickens were the first livestock I invested time learning about. One year after purchasing my house I purchased several chicks before I had a chicken coop. So, quite naturally, I spent the next few weeks building a chicken coop with no experience. I could not have been more pleased with the outcome and it is still standing today😄

Being a homesteader is peaceful and rewarding. I love introducing people to homesteading and encouraging them to raise and grow their own food. Even though I was born and raised in a concrete jungle (city), I was able to learn from many people, books, YouTube, and BYC forum, how to live a more self-sustainable lifestyle.

My goal is to help encourage others who have lived their whole life in the city but want to embrace the country lifestyle. Therefore, I have become a member of BYCs and I have created a humble YouTube channel depicting my experience on the homestead.

I look forward to reading, learning, and posting on this forum.:thumbsup
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom