hey everyone, just checking in!!! Update....

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
I know it's been a while since I posted, so here I am. I hope everyone is doing well, I miss having time to post and browse around. Anyways, so a little update for those of you who remember me:

This was our first set of holidays after my SIL passed away, and it went surprisingly well. My niece and nephew seem to be handling it great, which is such a relief. Everyone has had their moment or two, but for the most part I think this holiday season was especially blessed, we had an awesome Christmas and Thanksgiving. This year has passed insanely fast for me, I can't believe it's almost been a whole year since all this happened.

We got guardianship in Nov, uncontested - another big relief. I also found out what's been wrong with me and why I was so stressed out. I have hypothyroidism! Turns I'm not just fat and lazy like all the dumb doctors said I was! LOL, I have such a boost of energy now that I've been taking the thyroid medication, which is BEYOND awesome for me. I haven't been able to wake up at 7am since I was like 8yrs old.....

Hmmm, what else....everything seems like a blur to me. Here it is the end of the year and I can't even remember the time passing. Maybe it's cause I'm 23 now and getting on up there in years
lau.gif

Anyways, if anyone sees this let me know how things have been!!!! And thanks to all of you who helped me out in dealing with this past year, you have no idea how you all rescued my sanity (for the most part LOL). MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Christina

Hello Christina, glad to see you here. you shouldn't stay gone so long. I'm glad they have found your problem, it should help your energy levels dealing with those kids! The year has gone fast here too, with a lot of rain, changed chicken flocks, and way too much time sitting here in front of the computer! Can't stay away from the incubator, and it keeps getting me in trouble. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

So good to see that you are all doing well. I have thought of you and the little ones often these past months. I think of you and how much responsibility you and your DH took on and so fast when the children needed you. You must be very strong, for I doubt I could have handled so much when I was your age. Wishing you many blessings in the coming year.

Thanks, guys, for remembering me....LOL, blossom hen, I don't know how well the handling it part is going....every day I have my insanity moments where I want to curl into a ball and scream. I guess that's just part of it though, right? Hubby's doing pretty well at understanding the whole woman thing, one thing I wish he was a little better at was the preventative measures. When I hear the kids talking and one of them says something the wrong way, I jump in before it can go bad. I know what the response is gonna be and that in a few minutes, if they're allowed to keep going how they're going, there's gonna be a fight. hubby tends to wait till the fight is full-blown before saying anything. But hey, we'd end up hating each other if we didn't have something constructive to argue about, right?
lau.gif

So how has everyone been??? I've been wondering about you all too, how was everyone's Christmas????

Wow, I don't know anything about your situation, but I want to express my condolences on the loss of your SIL. I'm glad they found a medication to help out with your lack of energy! I was very low energy, had to lay down after being up for a while and I was VERY guilty about it, thought I was lazy unmotivated etc. Found out I was low iron among other things. Very good when things get fixed isn't it? I've no direct knowledge about thyroid problems but know they can be baaaad.
I too am raising my nephew, so remember your not alone there! He's 17. Its tough some days but we are managing. He knows I love him hahaha

Good to see you post! Welcome back! Glad to hear you are all doing well... I often wondered too but figured with everything going on we wouldnt see you for a while. Are you using all those recipes for quick easy meals that were posted? The first year after losing someone is tough... all those "firsts" That's great you had a great holiday season and got through it well. What a relief on the finally getting diagnosed with something too that explains your symptoms. I went through something similar and ended up being diagnosed a couple months ago as having a hyperthyroid. Still figuring out the meds here but it sure is a relief to know the cause. Anyway, keep posting when you can ... we missed you!

Nancy

D.gif
wb ! I too have been dealing with issues that just dont seem to be resolving... so I haven't been able to participate as much hear lately either but nice to read the update and that all has settled down for you.

Back
Top Bottom