Hey everyone!!

Hello and welcome to BYC - it’s great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. It's usually best to report a health problems before it gets worse - that would be "Emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures,"thread. Photos that show the problem are best. Otherwise need very detailed report of symptoms, when it first occurred - how long the bird has been this way.

Hi! Sadly this morning my roo passed away ...
We suspected coccidiosis but it surprised me cause his #2 didn't contain any blood just this weird green jello stuff, white liquid, and some normal solid stuff. He was very lathargic, his head feathers were fluffed up and he didn't really want to eat (well except 4 his hentastic probiotic treats). We gave him a dose of liquid Corid, put ACV in his water, and also put a small measured amount of food grade diatomaceous earth in his food. I think he broke his neck falling of the low to the ground roosting pole in his quarentined spot.
I know that there is a different forum for this but since you commented on my first post I figured I out 2 let you know what happened he was a really sweet beautiful bird if I could figure out how to post a pic I would (my state rep even met him and said he was the prettiest bird she'd ever seen) at the moment we are going to give Corid to the other hens for prevention.
-Roostie

Back
Top Bottom