Hey from the Eastern Shore of Maryland!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PiecesofAmber, May 19, 2012.

1. PiecesofAmber

PiecesofAmber In the Brooder

Growing up in a rural community, as a child I'd always wanted some kind of farm animal. Now all grown up and close to 40 years old, I'm a homeowner, wife and mother of two boys, and live on the outskirts of town in a development. Our fenced in backyard makes for a nice, secluded spot where we already have a huge vegetable, fruit and flower garden. We decided to get chicks through McMurray, and they are due to arrive in 2-3 days! I am so excited, I feel like a kid! We put a new roof on the overhang at the back of our shed, and the coop is going up this weekend, with a brooder going inside the coop. I will be on here a lot checking out info...and I've already noticed the differences of opinions, but with the research I've been doing, I've decided how I want to start my chicks. Thanks for such a great site! :)

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Free Ranging

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

3. PiecesofAmber

Thank you!
    [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    Hello and [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Crowing

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. PiecesofAmber

Thanks to all of you. I've already used the search bar here about 10 times today! [​IMG]

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. :thumbsup

10. marycs

marycs In the Brooder

Jul 5, 2012
    Queen Anne's County, MD
    Hi Amber! I am on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in Queen Anne's County :)

I am still 'lurking' and planning for the most part. I am trying to get into homesteading and in the planning phases. I want to do a cinderblock rasied bed garden and chicken coop. Wonder if you have a garden too / some wisdom/advice? Trying to figure out where I should place things in our yard to make the most of things....

Also curious about what breed/experience since I have 2 young children and a labradoodle...

Thanks,
    Mary

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: