Hey Gang! Whatcha think of my plans and Rooster issue?

I have the same thing going on with my second batch of chicks, the older batch (2 weeks older) want to roost on the top of the brooder box. The only semi-solution I have come up with is a piece of OSB down the middle top of the brooder....which keeps them off the edges a little, but they are still pooping into the brooder, at least what does not end up on the OSB. I've got to come up with a new arrangement before my guineas come in....

That, uh, third chick pic... that is one serious case of the stink eye.... lmao
lau.gif

Well the tarp worked :ya ... checked them last night at dark and they were on both sides of the coop on the high roosts .... I have seen them foil me before, tho :fl ... lol .....

Last edited:
My name is really Linda and I am a chickenholic. I have plans to sneak off today to pick up 3 lemon cuckoo orpingtons and 3 isbars!!!!

Already have the coop expansion and run expansion in the works....my reasoning/excuse for getting most of these new chickens is that some were a little older than mine and would lay eggs soooner...I think this sounded like a reasonable excuse other than I just wanted them badly because they are beautiful!!! The lemon cuckoo orpingtons are gorgeous, saw the parents....beautiful birds! Have been wanting the cream legbars but he had already obligated them to someone but had 2 roos which he gave me, figured i could get some hens later. The Isbars, I got 2 blue, 1 splash and 1 black! Next I want Swedish Flower Hens.....saw those there, but were already promised to someone else. Ya'll check out Jordan Farms in Cairo, GA....he ships all over the country Man does he have everything set up nice, wish I could afford his brooder house and runs! His chickens are beautiful and well cared for....I was impressed.....I was afraid it would look like some dog breeder that has alll of his puppies confiscated and turned over to the humane society...but it does NOT, just the opposite.

Oh forgot to tell you, in the future he hopes to have Legbar Orpingtons!!!! There is a picture of one on his site in the left hand corner.

Go linda! Get'cha chickens! Go Linda! LoL. OMG! I have a chance to get some frenxh standard black copper marans chicks! I want! SOOOO bad!

Back
Top Bottom