Hey Gang! Whatcha think of my plans and Rooster issue?

Awesome idea for the corner roosts. I had already decided that I was gonna put in some outdoor roosting spots in my run for them, but those seem very, VERY popular. Looks like theres a line forming, lol

Griff..... they LOVE it! Check this out....

43f1a261-5ff4-05be.jpg

They don't stay vacant long :D

Griff..... they LOVE it! Check this out....
43f1a261-5ff4-05be.jpg

They don't stay vacant long
big_smile.png
Noticed your lawn chairs by the run.....we moved our swing up by the run. Our neighbors/family have been making fun of us for that.....that we lead a sad life if that is our excitement. But, to each his own....I enjoy my chickens very much!

Quote: Noticed your lawn chairs by the run.....we moved our swing up by the run. Our neighbors/family have been making fun of us for that.....that we lead a sad life if that is our excitement. But, to each his own....I enjoy my chickens very much!
My wife and I LOVE sitting and watching the chickens ... as do my older kids when they visit... To those that would mock us .... let them eat cake ;)

Noticed your lawn chairs by the run.....we moved our swing up by the run. Our neighbors/family have been making fun of us for that.....that we lead a sad life if that is our excitement. But, to each his own....I enjoy my chickens very much!

sounds like your neighbors/family don't have chickens of their own then.
big_smile.png
i wouldn't have ever guessed watching chickens do their chicken things would be so entertaining/relaxing until i got them myself.

My Silver Dorking - 16 or 17 weeks old ...
sad.png

Yesterday morning, he was very active, crowing like crazy, trying to mate with the girls .... after work yesterday i noticed most of his saddle feathers are gone ... picked off by the hens ... I watched as he sat alot ... every time he sat, the hens would come over and pick out feathers.... he was eating and drinking good, but sitting an awful lot..and then getting defeathered.

He roosted up with all the birds like normal. I went in the coop with my wife last night and I held him as we looked him over ... he is very meaty , so not skinny ... clear vent, no sign of mites, but when we moved the feathers around abouve his tail, there were bare spots ..... any ideas?
hu.gif

Last edited:
I think he's hen pecked:) Sorry, I could not resist that....I don't have any idea, honestly. I am a newbie to chickens, too. I thought it was usually the other way around. Hope you get some good answers.

Back
Top Bottom