Hey Gang! Whatcha think of my plans and Rooster issue?

wee.gif
Got 2 eggs this morning!!! I just keep looking at them...So egg-cited...
celebrate.gif

congrats!! and tony, some of those brown one's look like they're a pretty good size, especially for chickens that just started laying. i was assuming it'd take a while for chickens to ramp up to nice sized eggs like that. just shows how ignorant i am still lol. excited for you guys!

MO...they are definitely getting bigger!

Got my first Maran egg today ... it was on the poop board, so it must have fell out while she was sleeping....lol

43f1a261-cc8d-3d31.jpg

It is covered with white and chocolate speckles ... totally cool!

Hey Tony! I have been off for a while, but reading back through your posts, looks like everything is going great! congrats on your eggs! Most of my first batch of RIR's started laying.... getting 14 eggs a day... Its wierd though... I have 17 hens that are at laying age xD so i think 3 of my reds are not laying yet... allwell.. Lookking for my other 25ish hens to start laying in 2-4 weeks... YAY.... My reds combs were full size before they started laying... mmmmhhhhh.... Like I mean FULL size..... and rooster red lol... maybe its just the breed.. ANYWAYS congrats on the eggs! =]

Not mean Tony...Practical. My oldest son was in a really bad car crash.
hit.gif
Am not at home now with my chickens. When I can will take some pics. Could be a while. Son just has a really long recovery. Really happy that you are getting eggs. It's almost like Christmas...lol Hubby told me the one hen has been laying double yokes.

Not mean Tony...Practical.  My oldest son was in a really bad car crash.  Am not at home now with my chickens.  When I can will take some pics.  Could be a while.  Son just has a really long recovery.  Really happy that you are getting eggs.  It's almost like Christmas...lol   Hubby told me the one hen has been laying double yokes. 

Prayers sent for your boy :( ... is he going to be OK?

Almost 2 dozen already! Got 4 today, 10 the last 3 days ... that one green one from today is huge :)

43f1a261-decc-f257.jpg

Last edited:
Yes my son will be ok, long road of recovery ahead. But he is alive by Gods grace. I am with him in another city away from my girls, hubby says they are laying but not in the nesting boxes, he has put golf balls in now. Not laying as well as yours are though yet. Your eggs look awesome!

Back
Top Bottom