3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
12 ounce package lasagna noodles, broken in pieces
28 ounces home canned diced tomatoes
15 ounces tomato sauce
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
15 ounce container ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic, beef, and spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink - about 8 to 10 minutes.; top with Italian cheese.
Place lasagna noodles over meat mixture; top with tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Drop ricotta cheese evenly over mixture, stirring slightly. Cover and let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serving with salad and garlic toast made from the rest of last nights home baked bread.
Garlic spread recipe
1 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic salt

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
Mix until smooth and your ready to use. Store in refrigerator.

That's so funny--I saw the title of the meal, and since it's Thanksgiving, my brain was saying "StoveTop in lasagna?" I'm just not sure that's somewhere I'm ready to go......

that sounds wonderful, though!

I laughed so hard when my husband read this and asked me why I would put stovetop in lasanga. I told him to continue reading. LOL

So glad I'm not the only one!

I make a chicken casserole with Stove Top on top and it's great, but I draw the line at lasagna lol.

Dang, I didn't realize y'all talked about food on BYC. I thought it was just canning. I am not much of a canner, but I make supper every night! Here are some from this week. We starting following a pescetarian diet a few months ago so it's either fish or meatless for supper at my house. I get inspiration from chicken dishes then make a fish or vegetarian version.

If you like garlic sticks, these are the bomb! The dough is great for pizza too. I used homemade marinara from tomatoes from my garden. These are like the ones you get at the pizza joint.

Last edited:
Dang, I didn't realize y'all talked about food on BYC. I thought it was just canning. I am not much of a canner, but I make supper every night! Here are some from this week. We starting following a pescetarian diet a few months ago so it's either fish or meatless for supper at my house. I get inspiration from chicken dishes then make a fish or vegetarian version.

If you like garlic sticks, these are the bomb! The dough is great for pizza too. I used homemade marinara from tomatoes from my garden. These are like the ones you get at the pizza joint.

Hi Mary!

Great food pictures as always.

Back
Top Bottom