Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Quote:
I didn't like it at all. The chicken was lightly stuffed with and surrounded by a rice, water, diced tomato, cinnamon and paprika mixture. Those were the ingredients in the recipe! It cooked at 225 for about 8.5 hours. While tender, the chicken was very dry. And, the texture of the rice was
sickbyc.gif
. The flavor wasn't too good, either. I'll stick to the crockpot with seasoning that I know and trust. Why would I cook chicken with cinnamon and paprika?!
idunno.gif

We've been eating all the leftovers from my over cooking this winter because I've been busy finishing the new farmer's market website for our downtown area (www.NewportTNFarmersMarket.com) for the last 2 weeks AND preparing gardens & planting seeds and hatching dozens of chicks!! The freezer is empty now of all but a few lbs of sweet potatoes and some leftover berries! So I have to get cooking.

Tonight we had some nice chicken breasts sauteed in olive oil and fajita type seasonings, rice-cooker white rice with adobo, home made refried beans and plain leaf salad with vinegar/oil dressing. I couldn't get elaborate since there was NO time for dinner tonight either, had too much computer work to finish plus it was the night to do the spring worming for all the chickens too!!!

Tomorrow is Bison burgers again, probably with baked potatoes, corn & salads... I have to be out for a grower's meeting, so gotta take another shortcut

Last edited:
Quote:
I didn't like it at all. The chicken was lightly stuffed with and surrounded by a rice, water, diced tomato, cinnamon and paprika mixture. Those were the ingredients in the recipe! It cooked at 225 for about 8.5 hours. While tender, the chicken was very dry. And, the texture of the rice was
sickbyc.gif
. The flavor wasn't too good, either. I'll stick to the crockpot with seasoning that I know and trust. Why would I cook chicken with cinnamon and paprika?!
idunno.gif

I hate that when it happends to me. Sorry to hear it wasn't good.

Sandee

Nice weather here today...the grill is fired up for venison cheesebugers with grilled onions and along tall cool drink. The buns are toasted to perfection...

~ bigzio

We had beef stroganoff yesterday; haven;t had that for ages. Frozen corn. Today we had fried egg, bacon, and lettuce sandwich on toast (help, we are drowning in eggs!), strawberries and powdered sugar, and veggie slaw.

We woke up to a foot of snow yesterday! We had country ribs with a wonderful bbq homemade sauce, corn and seasoned rice, wine.

Tonight italian sausage with chunks of mozzarella inside, broccoli with cheese sauce, roasted potatoes.

Monica

I haven't cooked in a while due to being out of town. But, while in New Orleans, I enjoyed much of the local fare - Cajun food including some interesting items like crawfish and alligator.
big_smile.png

With all that spice, we're keeping it a bit more on the simple side tonight - Chicken with a creamy spinach & mushroom sauce, salad, and sourdough bread.

Back
Top Bottom