Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

That recipe sounds really yummy, Dragonfly Ranch! Fried cheese for grownups. Yum!
Ahhh, it's that time of the year again for your hubby. Will you be able to get away for a visit?

Tonight I made carnitas in the crockpot and served it with homemade pressure cooked pinto beans.

Last edited:
Quote:
OH man that's rough!!!! That's a long time to go without your sweety!! What does he do?

Before we moved 5 years ago we were both in the wine industry in the Napa Valley. He returns each year and resumes his old job as Cellar Master. Makes sure the wine is made according to Winemakers instructions. I will try and go see him once - he works the night shift (5:00pm to 5:00am)and sleeps most of the day - so I just have to go down there and go shopping at all my old haunts! Mother Nature doesn't tell time and when the grapes are ready they pretty much work 24/7 at the winery. I just keep thinking that I get him all to myself for 9 months out of the year and I'm greatful for that!!

Sandee

Last night was Reuben sandwiches. (Rye bread, pastrami, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing - ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise - .) Good stuff!! Yummy.

Quote:
OH man that's rough!!!! That's a long time to go without your sweety!! What does he do?

Before we moved 5 years ago we were both in the wine industry in the Napa Valley. He returns each year and resumes his old job as Cellar Master. Makes sure the wine is made according to Winemakers instructions. I will try and go see him once - he works the night shift (5:00pm to 5:00am)and sleeps most of the day - so I just have to go down there and go shopping at all my old haunts! Mother Nature doesn't tell time and when the grapes are ready they pretty much work 24/7 at the winery. I just keep thinking that I get him all to myself for 9 months out of the year and I'm greatful for that!!

Sandee

Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good trade-off.
lol.png

Last night we had nachos supreme and smoothies. Best smoothie I ever made!

4 ripe bananas
handful blueberries
1 ripe peach, skin and all (except pit)
handful strawberries.
handful blueberries
3/4 cup or so of milk

place in blender, then fill to top with soft vanilla icecream. Blend til smooth. Fill blender up again with icecream. Repeat.
Serves about 5.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom