Hey guys im new here and im from California!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EriRojas, Sep 24, 2013.

1. EriRojas

EriRojas Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2013
    California
    Hi I am new here I would love to network with all of you and share our knowledge. I currently have game birds such as; Ringneck Pheasants, White Pheasants, Melanistic Mutant Pheasants, Chukar Partridge, Albino Chukar Partridge, Georgia Giant Bobwhite quail. And I also have some Coturnix Quail, Red Golden Pheasants and hopefully soon I will be adding 120 northern bobwhites soon.
    I have been breeding and raising pheasants since I was a little kid. I am currently 19, Living in Central Valley/Northern California. I am an Ag Business Major and Minoring in either poultry science or something in that area. I have been taking college courses in Avian Science, Poultry Science, and Avian Science. I am very knowledgeable in poultry, been taking courses for around 2 years; my favorite area is incubation. My goals are to expand my game bird project into a full scale game bird farm. Right now it is just a small business/hobby for me but I intend of expanding. I am currently doing market research for game birds. Establishing connections with different hatcheries/farms around the continental united states. I hope I can network on here with all of you and learn different things and maybe teach you different things about the industry. I love helping people who are just starting out with birds. I love giving advice. I am very friendly and outgoing. Hopefully though this I can network with different breeders and acquire more knowledge, establish new connections and help others in need of poultry advice.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

4. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    [​IMG]

I used to live in Brentwood and the pheasants were always flying up when I drove along that winding levy road to stockton.

I am looking forward to reading some of your posts!

Glad you joined us

Caroline

5. micah O

micah O Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2013
    at the computer.
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG]

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

7. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    Hello and welcome.[​IMG]

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] wow what a great resume, if BYC were hiring I bet they would grab you up. I was a little put off at first, I thought you meant game bird breeds of chicken. But pheasants, etc are a whole different ball of wax. I hope you will post some articles on here so others can benefit from your experiences.

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]Happy you joined! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by