Hey, hockey fans!

OOh! I would love a seat right behind the bench! That must have been great fun.

I agree that it's much different than seeing it on TV. They actually pause the game for commercial breaks and then do things to get the crowd fired up before play starts again. I was like, okay, so that's why it seems like everyone at the arena is just cheering constantly the whole time!
smile.png
They do things like play music and then zoom in cameras on people dancing so that they show up on the screen on the scoreboard. There was plenty of chanting of, "Let's go Red Wings!" throughout the game, though.

Plenty of free Little Caesar's pizza was given away as prizes during the game. Given that a large slice of pizza at the Joe costs more than one Hot'n'Ready medium pizza at an actual Little Caesar's restaurant, I can see why they can afford to give so much away.
smile.png
smile.png

Quote:
Whenever we go to lightning games (we have season tickets, not this year though) we always sit behind one of the goals on the 2nd level.

My cousin actually dated Mike Ilich's grandson for awhile. I forget why they broke up, be he's the one that's due to inherit the Wings. It would be a nice empire to be part of: pizza and hockey.

A few years back on Xmas Eve, DH and I were at my dad's and watched the Wings come back from 0-2 in the last 7 minutes of the game. They were playing their rivals, the Chicago Blackhawks. Great way to spend Christmas!
smile.png

My alma mater, Saginaw Valley State U won the Division II hockey championship last year.

Back
Top Bottom