Hey Look What I Got From The Flea Market*UPDATE* PG3 She Might Be A He

Thanks
smile.png

yea she's gonna be very happy here with me

i did notice though she's a little smaller than my button quails.. my button quails are now 7 weeks old

she's so cute though and so tamed! she doesn't run when i walk near the cage and she lets me pet her and pick her up and she sits right in my hand an doesn't try to run... such a sweet heart

Wow - not like mine at all! Mine are very flighty and two actually got loose a couple weeks ago when I was cleaning their cage. Had a heck of a time catching them!

Can you help me identify the "technical" color terms for these? I have some new colors and don't know what they (or any of them for that matter) are called. Here's some pics:

These are my 3 week olds:

DSC03553.jpg

Here are my 9 week olds:

DSC03554.jpg

I know the white ones with the yellow heads will be full white. I have a 6 and 9 week old white together in a different cage that I didn't take a pic of.

The splash (?) colored ones are new; haven't had any like that before. Also, in the pic of the 9 weekers, I think the blue breasted (really dark one) is the female; the silver and the brown ones both have the white bibs. Are those males?

well for one they all look so cute!
smile.png

now the second pics with the 9 week olds the brown one is a hen and the blue face is a male i just found that out myself.. i have 3 blue faced buttons and they all crowing the silver one i'm not sure i can't see the front that well but by telling from what i see i would say it's a hen

now the first pics looks like you have 2 blue faced males and 3 brown females now the splash ones i can't tell although i have 3 of them that look the same but they all are hens

OH well I guess I was WAY off! I thought the blue was just a very aggressive female! That would explain why they are picking on the brown one.

I also had to separate the blue one from the whites - pecked the ears on one white and the eye from a brown. It isn't very nice and if it wasn't so pretty it wouldn't be here.

The white bibs then don't mean they are males? How can you tell?

Thanks for the link! The gray one does have a white bib, as does the brown one which is why I thought the blue was the female. The link didn't have a pic for the pied - would you call the brown one a pied?

Also, maybe the splashes will be the cinnamons?

All I know is one of those 3 is laying an egg a day and it's driving me nuts not knowing which one it is!

Last edited:
Quote:
which brown one do you think may be a pied? the one with the white where a bib would be? I dont think it would be a pied, however, still no expert on that im sure a pied has the potential to put white anywhere.
smile.png

here is the newest pic of Pippin my pied -just hours away from being 2 weeks old:

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

its hard to see his "pied" markings but it's on the tips of his wings
smile.png

Last edited:
what a cutie he is

yea i'm still having a little bit of a hard time sexing mine soon i think one is a hen the next day it crows..lol

although i almost got it down whos a boy and whos a girl
smile.png

Quote:
LOL I'll have that delema here in no time with my coturnix...and i have a bunch of button eggs in the bator im hoping are fertile...(but the shells are too dark to see in so who knows...) then i'll be having a challenging time it's been easy just having one button chick but having a few? Yeah i'll be in the same delema you're in on sexing! LOL! too bad all 3 day old buttons dont crow or it'd be sorta easy!
smile.png
LOL!

LOL i know right.. i wish as soon as they hatch they pop out yelling BOY or GIRL

instead on having us go crazy
he.gif

just like today.. one of my silver buttons the whole time i'm thinking it's a hen and this morning when i was feeding them it crow LOL haaaa it's madness

Back
Top Bottom