Hey-o, from Virginia!

ihatedarkroast

Songster
Sep 28, 2021
Martinsville, Virginia, USA
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had chickens back when I was in college. That was a while ago though. Now my husband and I just bought a house last summer. I got a couple turkey poults and am prolly gonna pick up a few bantams this weekend.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None yet. :(
(3) What breeds do you have?

I have broad breasted white. I'm looking at some polish splash bantams. I used to have Rhode Island reds. I also was given this sweet rooster that was possibly a silver pheonix? I didn't keep him though because he was super abusive to the hens.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I like watching them run around the yard.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fixing up this dilapidated hobby farm, dogs, gardening, cooking, music.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm part owner of a coffee shop. So I barista a lot. I'm married to a great guy and have two babies. I'm trying to teach them how to care for animals as well.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've been lurking for a couple years at least, maybe longer? Since we were thinking about guineas years ago. But the hubs says they're mean and his granny's chased him when he was a kid.

Hello and welcome to BYC!
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Back
Top Bottom