Hey there everyone!

monaandthechicks

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 1, 2009
MA.
I am new here, My sister, Norahschicks, told me about this forum. My husband and I have been checking out posts and trying to find answers to our questions. It has been very helpful!! Thank you to everyone who posted the same questions that I found myself having!

We are new to chickens, we were given 3 Rhode Island Reds and 1 Australorp in August. We converted an old dog run/shed into a coop, it is working out great. The hens have lot of room in the run, although in an ideal world I would love t o let them free range we cannot here as we live across from a cranberry bog that us hunted daily by Red Tail hawks. As it is those Red Tails have been eye balling our 20lb frenchie. So the lovely ladies have to stay protected in the coop/run which was have covered with heavy nylon aviary netting. Our plan in the spring in to somehow build a run that can be moved with ease all over the yard so the hens can have some fun.

We are having fun, have been experimenting with kitchen scraps and other food for them, they L O V E plain yogurt, it is so funny when I bring it out. Not too impressed with broccoli and carrots which I am surprised, maybe my kids got to them first and told they how "gross" those veggies are, LOL

I think I will just be stalking the site at first before I feel like I have anything helpful to say, but Thank you for the forum, it looks like fun!

welcome-byc.gif

am pleased im not the only newcomer so much to learn and take in, and have found lots of helpful advise on this site

Back
Top Bottom