Hey there New Chicken Family!!!

ssample4

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2024
I am new/not new to chickens... we in reality my dad was dreaming of eggs and bacon all the time when he bought my daughter her first flock the summer before she started 1st grade (2016)... :lau So, it was a trap. Since then, I have been stalking the backyard chicken family for info ever since.

We have a large mixed family of adoring fans that greets me no matter the time of day/car, house or window. It would take me awhile to get a true count because I am currently hatching new kiddos out for some co workers and have a few munchkins running around at my feet anyway and we ALL know how hard that is to keep track of those little buggers. :love We have everything from Easter Eggers, Wyandottes, Brahma and several different type of bantam. Of course we can not forget our Blue Slate, Black Mottled and Penciled Palm Turkey... I mean quite the menagerie.

All the different little personalities are the best, of course we all have those that particularly don't care for us and just could care less for people. I may have one or two of those. Honestly they are my therapists.

The kiddos have taken to showing their birds and love it... I am not sure how many of us have seen the show "Chicken People" the show is pretty spot on... but the atmosphere for poultry shows is so amazing and you meet some of the BEST people... It is kind of like this forum. Everyone we have met in the last few years have been nothing but helpful.

Anyhow, I am so excited to join such an amazing group/community and see it continue to grow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230710_133820_Gallery-EDIT.jpg
    Screenshot_20230710_133820_Gallery-EDIT.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240321_174945-EDIT.jpg
    20240321_174945-EDIT.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom