Hey there!

MissMurder

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Just wanted to introduce myself. Obviously, I'm new here. I had a hen as a pet when I was a kid, but had to give her back to my uncle once she was old enough to lay for his farm. (All of us got them to learn responsibility and how part of the farm works.)

Basically, I'm trying to shift away from buying food in the grocery stores. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like eating chemicals. I started a small backyard garden about a week ago, and of course just added my chicks. I have 4 chicks that will be 2 weeks old tomorrow, and while I've cared for chicks, I'm new to the laying aspect so I hope to learn a lot from you guys.

If you have any questions, just ask!

welcome-byc.gif
The Learning Center is a good first step. Then there I recommend Raising Backyard Chickens forum - above. When you click on it, it will open side tabs (right side) the one titled" Egg laying and chicken Behaviors," may have information you seek. Cruise through the threads. If nothing answers your questions - start a new thread and post your questions.

Sorry I don't know how to do links and so on, I have a very limited capacity for tech stuff. Probably the next responders can give you the easy way to find info.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Awww...your babies are adorable! Definitely stop by our learning center for lots of good articles on all kinds of things you will need to know on raising your new birds. Kelsie has left you with the link.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom