Hey yall, checking in

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bayouchica, Sep 4, 2008.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    We did alright thru T.S. Gustav,my nerves have been on edge & so glad it is over. I'm not a nervous type,but I was worried sick.
    Tuesday morning we couldn't get out, the only road in was flooded.I've never seen it rain so much in a short time.
    The coop had several small limbs fall on it & it flooded. Chickens couldn't get out & range for 2 days,some hung out under the house,others stayed in the coop.
    Finally got word about my sister in Baton Rouge, they got hit worse than us.They have no power, gasoline or refrigerated food stuffs in her part of the city.Her house is okay,but her neighborhood is a wreck.
    The unhappy chickens,
    [​IMG]
    Prince my frizzle roo, lost his frizzle.
    [​IMG]
    This is how much the water has gone up,red line is the usual waterline.I had to keep emptying my canoe & moving it up the bank.There is still water coming in the bayou from the fields, so it'll go up some more.
    [​IMG]
    My dogs wondering where all the water came from.
    [​IMG]
    We made it thru alright, just keep the other folks who had it than us in your thoughts.
    Miriam

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Glad to hear you made it through OK. [​IMG]

3. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Glad you weathered the storm alright. Poor waterlogged roo!

4. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    Were so glad you made it through the storm,,, alittle water logged and muddy,,,but alive and well,,,its a bit soggy here in Arkansas too,,,keep watchin for the sun,,, your in my thoughts and prayers,,,,Tina [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    I thought about you during the storm. I'm happy to hear you were able to ride it out at home, and that you all made it through! Roll up those pantlegs! [​IMG]

6. bayouchica

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Thanks so much yall, I know the chickens are ready to sun bathe,lol.
    Having my first Frizzle, the humidity effects Princes' feathers,lol. Poor little roo, he stayed in the coop for the most part.

7. Slike

Slike Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Puna, Big Island, HI
    Glad to hear you and the chooks are all well, as well as your sister even if her surroundings weren't as lucky.

8. obsessed

obsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Slidell, LA
    Hey chica,
    this is Natalie from Slidell. Glad you made it through the storm. We did ok during the storm no damage to our house but one of our trees took out the neighbors fence. We evacuated though and went to huntsville, AL. anyway I will still wait for the chickenstock.... bye

9. bayouchica

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi Natalie, good to hear yall are okay.
    My sister in Baton Rouge said it's like a bomb went off down there.They finally got power back on yesterday.Her house was okay,but she lost a couple of small trees.
    I won't be able to go to Chickenstock, Kentwood is too far away.

10. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi Miriam! Thanks for posting. I am glad you are ok.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by