1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hey y'all- Newly bitten by chicken fever bug!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DressageLady, Apr 26, 2016.

1. DressageLady

DressageLady New Egg

Apr 26, 2016
    Hey everyone, my name is Mary and I have been wanting chickens since meeting my friend's hens. So SO sweet!
    So, that is my goal now to find sweet hens they lay eggs. I am probably going to order them online even though that seems really odd? There were some pullets in TSC I am trying NOT to head back out and go bring home. Lol
    Any who, I've been a horse girl all my life had many other species, so why not chickens! I lurk on the BYC facebook ALL the time and am soooo jealous when I see all the cute posts!
    I live in North Georgia and we'll be building our own coop so they will be all happy and warm and SAFE. I am so grateful for seeing all your posts about coops and predators. Feel much more prepared but tons and tons to learn!
    So any and ALL suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Mary

Glad you could join the flock! I'm sure you will really enjoy your new chickens very much and you really can't beat fresh eggs. The learning centre has some fabulous articles on getting started, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

3. unionhillchix

unionhillchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2014
    canon ga
    [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock! x2 on the link, lots of helpful info their! Enjoy your chickens! Best of luck!

4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope you enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by