Hey you allergy sufferers!

3goodeggs

pays attention sporadically
10 Years
May 22, 2009
North Central Florida
I suppose because for us it was a very wet summer and everything bloomed twice... But this has been the most miserable summer of my life.
I was wondering what you all do that helps you feel better.

I go to an allergist, I have been on shots for 14 years, antihistamines, sinus rinse... and yet... blah. Sometimes I just want to walk away from it all and move to the moon, but I would have issues with the moon dust.
idunno.gif

I read about oregano oil and salt in a steamy bowl of water and breathing it in. It helps, and now I want to know what you do that helps.

I just take over the counter meds. I know what you're saying about this years allergies being "over the top". Its hit down here as well! Seems the whole family, with the exception of my hubby, has them!!
th.gif

I suppose because for us it was a very wet summer and everything bloomed twice... But this has been the most miserable summer of my life.
I was wondering what you all do that helps you feel better.

I go to an allergist, I have been on shots for 14 years, antihistamines, sinus rinse... and yet... blah. Sometimes I just want to walk away from it all and move to the moon, but I would have issues with the moon dust.
idunno.gif

I read about oregano oil and salt in a steamy bowl of water and breathing it in. It helps, and now I want to know what you do that helps.
Oh do I know what you mean haha

My dad is actually a Chiropractor and he has me on a vitamin called Natural D-Hist, (here's a link to it http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.c...lecular.html?gclid=COTJtbi_8rICFelFMgodFDsAEw) This stuff helps so much! I take it every day before I go outside and then at lunch. I don't normally take it at Dinner though because once i'm inside all is well.

Thank you for the suggestions. I use the neti pot, but when my sinuses are inflamed it just makes the sinus pressure worse. I hate taking decongestants because they have their own set of problems that they cause me, but when I am twirling and spinning so bad I can not walk straight, I take them.
I will see if our local heath food store has the natural d-hist.

We have had a stalled front hanging over us for a couple weeks and I feel like my head is going to pop. Weather head. I used to think that is what people meant when they said they 'were under the weather.'
But I googled it and it means 'depressed' or 'drunk'. It feels like a bad hangover, so maybe it morphed to mean drunk. And after two weeks I also can understand how it came to mean depressed.
I am disappointed that I can not move to Missouri and leave my allergies in Fla. I guess they are everywhere. sigh.

Thank you for the suggestions. I use the neti pot, but when my sinuses are inflamed it just makes the sinus pressure worse. I hate taking decongestants because they have their own set of problems that they cause me, but when I am twirling and spinning so bad I can not walk straight, I take them.
I will see if our local heath food store has the natural d-hist.

We have had a stalled front hanging over us for a couple weeks and I feel like my head is going to pop. Weather head. I used to think that is what people meant when they said they 'were under the weather.'
But I googled it and it means 'depressed' or 'drunk'. It feels like a bad hangover, so maybe it morphed to mean drunk. And after two weeks I also can understand how it came to mean depressed.
I am disappointed that I can not move to Missouri and leave my allergies in Fla. I guess they are everywhere. sigh.
I know how you feel, my 'fall' allergies have not yet kicked in but I know they'll probably be here soon.

I don't even live in the country, I live in the city and my allergies still get pretty bad but everytime I set foot in the country part of Illinois it never turns out well I end up spending half the day inside feeling sick because it get so bad. As the days go on and i'm outside (always making sure to take that natural D-Hist before I go out) they tend not to be so bad but during the time they're harvesting the corn, forget it i'm done.

Oh yea, I Forgot about corn. Pollen and harvest time, well, I guess I can forget about middle America for running away from home. I am thinking Iceland might be alright. But I am not sure I can handle ice all the time.

I don't know if I could handle that cold weather. Maybe England? It gets cold there but it's always raining the air would be nice and clear haha

Back
Top Bottom