Hey you! Go put some eggs in that incubator, u know u want to! 08/11

Hey cluckcluck I have just done the same thing as you! On the 12th I decided to set some quail eggs as before I did not have a good hatch rate so told myself I would not icnubate this year to save all the stress
tongue.png
but told myself oh what the heck, Im going to try once more and this time I calibrated the hygrometer two times, have 2 thermometers in there and im not going to candle as often
smile.png
lol.png

Quote:
Eeeew! Good thing you checked. I still haven't had a bad egg experience, knock on wood. Were the other eggs looking good already??

My incubator got unplugged AGAIN! Temps were at 80 AGAIN! ARGH!!! We don't have any eggs to replace the ones that are in there, so I am going to candle in a week and see if any have developed past this point. Such a bummer! My little puppy gets behind the couch and unplugs it, I thought we had solved the problem by strategically moving the couch. Nope!
sad.png

Quote:
Awesome! I'm glad you're trying again. I know you will have better luck then me. I wish incubators had temperature alarms. As soon as it goes under a certain point it starts yelling at you or something. lol

Thanks cluck cluck, I bet an incubator like that will exist in no time, also I no what you mean by the puppy, I have myself a lab and when he was a puppy he would do that but now he is so obedient but I am caring a for a puppy of my friends for 2 weeks and she is a disaster, she goes on my sofas then to the window and has broken 3 of my plants!

quailkid1

Quote:
The Brinsea Mini Advance has temp alarms if the temp raises or drops! Of course, you have to be in the house when it goes off.... but if you aren't, and you go check it, it SHOWS that it had a temp alarm.

And, btw, I loaded 7 eggs into my Brinsea this morning. (That's how many it takes.)

My last hatch was also my FIRST hatch, and I have 5 adorable little olive eggers in the brooder right now that are 10 days old. The eggs in the 'bator right now are bantam cochins.
fl.gif
Due Monday, Sept 6th.

CluckCluck ... I could not really tell anything with the other eggs other then a really nice round, dark spot. Of course I have a basic LED light from Home Depot that cost me $3 so I put them all back except for a really bad porous egg. I candled again last night (day 6) & I tossed out 6. I went from 47 to 32 but every one of those are developing well. I saw the eye & all those spider veins in EACH one. It was amazing at how much better these looked then the Barred Rocks I tried to incubate that all died. (Shipped order) Thing is, I expected at least half of those eggs to be tossed by now. I was hoping for at least a 12-15 hatch based on my last try. Should be interesting if it keeps going this way.

Went to a farm last night & picked up 3 Light Brahma infants (hoping for 2 roo's) for my 1 chick that hatched. While there, the farmer gave my husband an egg to eat at home. It was green. I was not at the right place at the right time to hear what kind of egg that was from. Rodney said the farmer used the word "Americana" when he handed him the green egg. Can anyone name this chicken? OH ... We ain't eating that egg either. It's in the incubator.
lau.gif

I am on day 3, first time here to , i hope i dont mess anything up, having a hard time keeping humidity up uhgg, i will either be gray or bald before this is over hehe

jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif

yeah ive been bitten by the whole incubating egg(s) thing now hehehehe and my hubby isnt very happy with me oh well he'll get over it or else hehehee!!!!!! Ive ordered 4 quail eggs pharaoh and one mixed bantam egg. the eggs should be on their way soon and so should the incubator.

This is my first time doing this and hatching eggs. so you know ill be sitting there looking and watching making sure the temps right and the humidity. Anyway I have a question how high should the temp be. I heard 100 degrees is that right???? Oh how I wish someone could come to my house and help me hehehehe
fl.gif

that would be nice . anyway im glad i can come on here and get advice
smile.png

Gryeyes ... My husband found a photo from a link someone sent me ... Blue Americana & it has a nice blood ring to it & what appeared to be veins last night. This could be a bad thing. Might have to buy a few eggs from the guy, which means another section on the coop for this specific breed ... Oh boy ... it just never ends, huh?
clap.gif

My black/red sex links & the BO x Dixie Rainbows going on now ... Day 11 ... I don't know what I'm going to do with 30 eggs if they hatch. I could care less about them right now. I turn 3x's a day, candled on days 3, 7 & 10. Not giving any love or attention beyond that. I feel detached from them from the loss of the Barred Rocks & look at how it's going. Maybe the shipment AND my hands in the bator too much destroyed the BR's but who knows ... maybe the Blue Americana is the way we go instead. Oh who am I kidding ... I want 3 of every breed & way down deep I'm praying for 30 hatches.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom