Hey you! Go put some eggs in that incubator, u know u want to! 08/11

cluckcluck42

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
Quebec
Ya heard me! I know some of you talk yourselves out of incubating, I was in that boat too. I had a bad hatch and told myself and anyone who listened (ie: no one) that I was done hatching for the year. No more disappointments, no more fuzzy little bums, no more tears when you lose one. But apparently I am a sucker for punishment because I've just put roughly 25 eggs in the incubator. This time will be better, or at least I keep telling myself that. The puppy will NOT unplug the incubator this time, right.... right!??!?! *sigh* He's lucky he is cute.

So do it- you know you want to. Go collect some eggs and just put em in there! What's the point of having an incubator if you are not going to use it. Mmm hmmm!

I have Welsummer x FBC Maran and EE x FBC Maran in there, and a few Buff Brahma x FBC Maran. Some of the EE eggs are from hens I have just recently sold, so I hope they turn out. I do miss those ladies.

Happy hatching!

And also, JUST DO IT! Don't overanalyze, just do it. You like babies, incubating gives you babies. End thought process.
tongue.png

I did that already today.....under 1 cuckoo marans, 1 barred rock and one very sweet 10 month old Astro.......
lol.png

Put the inc away and told my husband that was it till spring.........................didn't say anything about broody hens though.........
wink.png
He does not really care.it's just our winters are hard.We live on a gorge and the winds are indescribable..................would blow those babies away.................

I was surprised to have them go broody this late.....thought spring was the time..have an easter egger all puffed up but not setting.yet.think she is getting ready.
I have quite a mixed layer group...........RIR,Astro's. slw's,BR,.EE's, and on and on.
Also have BCM'S BLCM's breeding stock and 10 week old Blue, black and splash orps....uk breeding........

Think that is it......having to much fun..........................

have fun cluck cluck

Quote:
Ahahaah you are devious! I love it. "Whoops, the hen went broody and somehow ended up with specific eggs under her. Oh my!"

I have THREE broodies that have ONE chick each. I bought htem a few weeks ago and they are not friendly at all. I might just remove a hen from the bunch and see if she will set again before winter.

Cluckcluck
We must be on the same wavelength. We started 30 eggs last night 8/10 around 730pm
16 FBC Marans and 14 NH Red x RI Red, Light Brahma, Plymouth Rock, Mutts.
We have a Brower Top Hatch Incubator borrowed from a friend. So far the blinking is driving me nuts but I am figuring out that its normal for this machine. It sure will stress out the little ones dring the drying out period.
Good Luck with your hatch We will be pulling for you.

Azkicker
The FBCM eggs that I started last night were from hens that I bought in Bladenboro as day old chicks last January. I am from Rocky Point out in Pender County.
Good Luck with your hatch.

I am just waiting for mine to come from a byc member cant wait, so probably if all goes well sat night will be putting them in the incubator...

I just finished setting 36 Dominique eggs in the bator. This will be my forth hatch. The first 3 hatches were pretty good. I hope this one turns out good as well.

Back
Top Bottom