HEY

leahsep

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 17, 2014
This is my first day as a member and I am excited... which is so weird....lol... I am new to raising chickens and have been enjoying it so far. I have 7 bantams, though I do not know what kind... they have all changed so very much! Anyway, hello :)

images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, BYC is a fun place to be and VERY addicting!! You will find yourself unable to pass a pc, tablet or anything that gets you on to BYC and have to sit down and get your fix!

If you have some breeds you are unsure of, stop by our What Breed Forums. Include some pics of your birds and hopefully someone there can help you ID them...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

So make yourself at home and enjoy BYC!!!

Thanks! Each of my 7 are different. I got them from the assorted bin and picked out ones that would bring something different. I have 3 sons and my youngest is only 4. I thought that having different ones would be easier for him to identify. Anyway, all I know is that they are bantams, which from what I have read only means smaller.... still, smaller is fine with me..... My profile pic is my favorite, we call him/her red, and it is having some chick uglies...lol... anyway... thanks for the welcome and the advise :)

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your chicks! Bantams sure are cute little birds, fun to have as pets. TwoCrows gave you the link to post pictures on if you want to try and figure out what the babies are.

thanks for the welcome... when looking for information, I found myself on this page a lot and thought that the information was really good :)

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Back
Top Bottom