Heyya Its the new guy Nik

N-Hubb

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 28, 2014
Austin
Hey everyone, my name is Nik. I live in Austin TX. Ive got 4 chickens in my little urban coop setup that i just built. Bought all my birds from various random yet VERY interesting people on craigslist. I love chickens, have had chickens for about 3 years now. I'll post a picture of my little chicken run and coop and id like to get yall's input!!!!

THANKS!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I LOVE YOUR COOP!!!! Your chicken is adorable too!!
big_smile.png
smile.png

Like the other members have said, raccoons, skunks, etc can rip through that chicken wire like it's nothing. So if you have any of these you should switch to hog panels or hardware cloth.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-predators-pests-how-to-protect-treat-your-flock

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Very cute colorful little coop. X5 on consider hardware cloth.

I appreciate yall's input. I just moved into this neighborhood and haven't quite got the feel for whats around me as far as predators go. I am tucked away in the middle of a large neighborhood out in this urban jungle of Austin. My last place was on a wood line and ya'll are right about regular chicken wire, all of my chickens were eventually eaten by possums! I didnt even know that possums would eat chickens until i lived at that house and night after night caught them in the coop. Those possums at every single one of my chickens over the last couple of months before I moved. So i am starting fresh with this coop!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your birds!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Very cute little coop and hen! Definitely get some hardware cloth on your run and all will be good. :)

Enjoy and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom