HHD incubator (cheap chinese one) how to reset Humidity??

Did you figure it out? If it's the clear top once with yellow turners I have the book and can tell you how. I am guessing not though, as the book that came with mine is excellent.
The book doesn't tell you how to deal with humidity spikes. Mine is up at 80% and I have only one channel filled. The alarm keeps sounding and I get ee on my humidity display. Nothing in the manual about that. It's a brand new unit.

Hi, I think we have the same cheap Chinese incubator, but my problem is different, I've only hatched two batches of egg and I like to wait a month before hatching each, this third time I hatched them I noticed that the incubator didn't rest (as in it started on day 30 instead of day one) ok no big deal I thought, but I noticed that the temp always stayed at 35°c despite me having it set at 37.5°c again I thought no big deal, the eggs still hatched and two freshly layed eggs were still developing, but today I got home and the temp was at 32°c and the roof of the incubator was burning really badly, i instantly unplugged it and took off the roof. Does anyone know what's been happening with it? Im worred cause this is the only incubator i have and the two eggs still need at least two more weeks.

Hi, I think we have the same cheap Chinese incubator, but my problem is different, I've only hatched two batches of egg and I like to wait a month before hatching each, this third time I hatched them I noticed that the incubator didn't rest (as in it started on day 30 instead of day one) ok no big deal I thought, but I noticed that the temp always stayed at 35°c despite me having it set at 37.5°c again I thought no big deal, the eggs still hatched and two freshly layed eggs were still developing, but today I got home and the temp was at 32°c and the roof of the incubator was burning really badly, i instantly unplugged it and took off the roof. Does anyone know what's been happening with it? Im worred cause this is the only incubator i have and the two eggs still need at least two more weeks.

Mine counts down, not up, I think, so I can't help you there. The day number can be changed in the settings though.

The built in thermometer is off, which isn't shocking since 90% of invitations are that way which is why another thermometer or two is always recommended. My incubator can be calibrated but it doesn't sound like we have the same one.

Make sure your fan and the heat could are clean and the fan is working properly.

I have the HHD 24 Egg Incubator. The alarm beeping is driving me crazy. I bought a separate hygrometer so that I could test the incubator. It is now clear that my incubator is not detecting temperature and humidity properly. The new hygrometer is registering 60% humidity but the incubator is stuck at 24%. I disconnected the humidity sensor, but the beeping didn't stop! 30 is the lowest setting for the humidity alarm, so lowering it to 0 is not an option on this incubator. Does anyone know which wire I can clip to disconnect the alarm speaker?

I have the HHD 24 Egg Incubator. The alarm beeping is driving me crazy. I bought a separate hygrometer so that I could test the incubator. It is now clear that my incubator is not detecting temperature and humidity properly. The new hygrometer is registering 60% humidity but the incubator is stuck at 24%. I disconnected the humidity sensor, but the beeping didn't stop! 30 is the lowest setting for the humidity alarm, so lowering it to 0 is not an option on this incubator. Does anyone know which wire I can clip to disconnect the alarm speaker?
Hi! Going through a similar scenario. I want to disconnect the alarm bc I know how to manage humidity with an external hygrometer. Did you figure it out ??!!

I'm posting this so that anyone reading your post will have the answer as to how to change the humidity alarm setting. Press the Set button until AL appears, Press the + button and AH appears, Press the + button and the A5 (AS) appears. Press the Set button once and 45 should be there. Press the - button until you get down to 40. Press the Set key once to store the 40. Wait about 5 seconds for it to get out of the program mode. The Humidity is just a monitoring feature so you could set it all the way down to Zero to eliminate any low humidity alarms.:thumbsup
7-8ft

I'm posting this so that anyone reading your post will have the answer as to how to change the humidity alarm setting. Press the Set button until AL appears, Press the + button and AH appears, Press the + button and the A5 (AS) appears. Press the Set button once and 45 should be there. Press the - button until you get down to 40. Press the Set key once to store the 40. Wait about 5 seconds for it to get out of the program mode. The Humidity is just a monitoring feature so you could set it all the way down to Zero to eliminate any low humidity alarms.:thumbsup

I came here looking for this exact answer!! I have the hhd as well and I'm running to my basement every 5 minutes to shut the alarm off! I'm hatching quail eggs for the first time and want to keep humidity at 35%, but my alarm is going off constantly!! I was about to get rid of the incubator! Thank you!! :)

Yeah brain fart for a second lol.

I use mine the opposite way - as my incubator with my second one acting as my hatcher. This one fits more eggs (56) and the grate is poorly designed so I don't feel safe using it as a hatcher unless I do some modifications. Another member has the same one and the grate killed a couple of his chicks, confirming my thoughts that it shouldn't be designed the way it is.
After having several quail chicks lose their legs to the grate and smash into the other eggs sending them spinning on the slick floor of the incubator figured out that covering the bottom of the incubator with the spongy netlike material that is used to line cupboards so glassware doesn’t get chipped resolves both problems. I cut a hole for the turner and let the liner cover the lower inch of the grates.

It cushions the eggs so they don’t bounce around at hatch but still allows for the tray to move the eggs for turning. Still allows for air flow, stops the chicks from slipping and getting stuck in the grates. Stick it in the dishwater between hatches for sterilization - cleaning is fairly easy.

MY MIGRAINE THANKS YOU FOR THE THE HUMIDIFIER ALARM INSTRUCTIONS!
83E5612B-3C1F-4AE2-8734-C8DD9F5C5BC1.jpeg

Last edited:
The book doesn't tell you how to deal with humidity spikes. Mine is up at 80% and I have only one channel filled. The alarm keeps sounding and I get ee on my humidity display. Nothing in the manual about that. It's a brand new unit.
humidity comes from the amount of surface water present in the incubator not by how deep the water is. i placed a soaking wet sponge in my drawer instead of filling it with water. have to rewet every night and morning, but it keeps the humidity at an even number even when going through big jumps of rain/snow storms in the real world air.

Back
Top Bottom