HHD incubators

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have a question for people who know HHD incubators and frankin-bators, I bought one that I hatched in last year I am happy with it, and plan on hatching in this year,

my question is, I have a second one someone gave for free because the fan didn't work. As far as I know that is all that is wrong with it, what I want to ask should I still try it? I could try gravity flow, and I suppose I could put eggs into it that are free, and I don't mind risking, but I just wanted to see what people have to say, if a fan is out. Thanks in advance.

Oh, I may try and also put thermometers in diff parts to see how it goes before the eggs go in...

I just saw a youtube incubator fan kit how to fix... I will let you know how that goes... my fan was not like their kit, darn.

Last edited:
Hi GB,

I would try and get a computer fan and depending on your model set it inside the incubator in a corner vs putting a hole in the unit. The plastic cracks easily on these inexpensive units. A computer repair business can set you up for less then $20, fan and power supply.

Just buy a 12V fan (most are this but check just in case) in a size that fits the broken one. It is really easy to change as you can use the screws from the old one if you get the right size. Then just hook up the wires. I had to change my fan this way because it was way too loud

Unfortunately the incubator wires to the fan, don't just plug in and can be switched out, they are glued down and inside a sealed plastic container.

Here is what I am going to do.... since I have two machines, one with a working fan, I will load up the working one in the next few days... then (yes, I am counting before they hatch) after that batch hatches, I will switch out the incubator bottom (they are the same) and then load up again, that way I will not be hatching back to back, (bottoms anyway) I like to clean out the bottom and let it rest. It is nice having a new bottom ready to go. No alterations needed.

Back
Top Bottom