Hhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppp

Barredacauna

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 27, 2011
Greenwood
O.K. so i have had two chicks hatch and when i went to crack open the other eggs, that i thought were undeveloped, one of them turned out to be alive, i have peeled the air sack off of the egg and i can see the chicks beak, it looks to be gasping, but i cant tell... IS IT GOING TO LIVE???? HELP ME I NEED TO KNOW
hit.gif
:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

how long after the hatch did you open the egg?
best thing you could do is to take a warm, wet cloth and cover it to keep the membrane moist, not drenched though. Was there a lot of blood?

Is there blood? If so use something to stop up the flow of blood like styptic powder. Regular white flour will do if that's all you have on hand. Sprinkle it where there is blood flowing from the membrane. Get the egg back in the incubator and keep warm. How many days is your hatch on? Day 21? Day 22? Is it possible the chick is "shrink wrapped" and stick in its egg?

The chick was supposed to hatch either today or tomorrow... I had open all of the other Chicken Eggs, And there was nothing in them so i figured that it was going to hatch so i just opened it... It seems to breath ok but im not sure, there was alot of blood when i made a hole for its beak in the membrane... Am i an idiot? will it die:hit please help me:hit
Quote:

Please stop Useing long anyoing titles your freaking out over nothing put the egg back in the incubator if it lives it livesif it dies it dies let mother nature take its course. If you dont chances are the chill will be deformed.

Quote:
That's terribly rude....sorry but couldn't keep my mouth shut on that one ...if you didn't like the title,you probably shouldn't have opened it...JMO

Quote:
That's terribly rude....sorry but couldn't keep my mouth shut on that one ...if you didn't like the title,you probably shouldn't have opened it...JMO

I agree. We try to remain polite, even though we get annoyed at times. This situation obviously bothers the OP and that is how they wanted to convey how they felt. It's all good. back to the OP, in the future, you would be best to leave any unhatched eggs at least an extra day. I just pull the chicks after 12 hrs of the last one hatching and leave everything else in there for 2 days if there is no horrible bad egg smell(different than hatching smell). Then, after the 2 days, I carefully open the air cell big enough to put my pinky finger in. I then gently touch the chick, if alive they do move under my finger. If they move I cover the hole with scotch tape to keep internal humidity balanced. The placement of hole does not interfere with the hatch. I only had one that was still alive after the 2 day(after last chick hatched) and it ended up dying anyway, it had a gross abnormality and wasn't going to hatch. Still air bators tend to cool spots so one(or more) hatching a couple days later isn't unheard of, I have a fan so that is my experience. Can we have an update?

Hi all. Thanks for replying but, unfortunatley his little heart stopped this morning at around 4:30 thank you for your thoughts:hit

Back
Top Bottom