Hi! Advice for rehoming roosters?

We have silkies and when you get too many roosters from letting them hatch their own, you can't even buy pullets to try even the flock out.

What I did is post two roosters for free on a couple of our Wisconsin poultry pages. I would suggest trying to find more local groups. If you're in a Facebook poultry group, click the arrow in the upper right corner. That will suggest other related groups. I'd check some of those out and join a couple.

Go back to your post and "bump" it after a few days. Craigslist I tried once and forgot about it, then suddenly two weeks later I got 4 emails. Go figure lol.
I suggest a small fee and then back down to free if they agree to send you pics of the rooster with his new hens. This is a @janiedoe genius idea. You want to make sure you are not giving your roosters to someone who is going to do worse than culling them...that is cockfighting.

I suggest a small fee and then back down to free if they agree to send you pics of the rooster with his new hens. This is a @janiedoe genius idea. You want to make sure you are not giving your roosters to someone who is going to do worse than culling them...that is cockfighting.
Thank you for the great suggestion!

I sell mine to a guy who makes tacos.. the guy has pointy shoes and a big hat. He'll buy 40 at a time.

I met him at Tractor Supply, he saw me meeting another person to sell some hens. BAM! He followed me home and it's been good ever since. 10 bucks a piece He pays.

If they are grown "big roosters" I can get 20 a piece from him. 🐓

We talking about selling livestock though.. I don't know anything about rehoming roosters.

AND WELCOME! I'M NEW AS WELL. PEOPLE HERE ARE AWESOME.

Back
Top Bottom