Hi again! Asking info on Rural King chicks... already bought them, but not sure breed is correct

I picked up 4 Ameraucanas a couple of weeks ago from Tractor Supply and they look very close to the picks posted by the OP. I don't really care if they are Easter eggers or Ameraucanas. As long as they don't lay white or brown eggs my grand daughter will be happy...lol.
Same here. Just was surprised to see them! They're so cute

Same here. Just was surprised to see them! They're so cute

We really did not plan on getting them. After having trouble finding any chicks at all we just ordered 12 chicks and 4 ducks from a hatchery. I though when they arrived there might be some that did not make it so I bought 4 at Tractor Supply. To my surprise they all made it and made it very well. When we ordered there were no Ameraucana's available. About a month after the birds arrived I was at tractor supply getting a bag of feed and there they were. We have had them about a month and just recently tried to integrate them with the flock but the ducks were not having it and would have killed them had we left them out. We will try again when they get a little bigger. Fingers crossed.

I looked at the chick selection yesterday at TSC and they had meat birds mixed in with like 2 other light colored breeds of chicks. I wanted a few chicks, but did not want to risk picking up a meat bird by accident. I couldn't believe they had them all mixed together like that. :hmm

We really did not plan on getting them. After having trouble finding any chicks at all we just ordered 12 chicks and 4 ducks from a hatchery. I though when they arrived there might be some that did not make it so I bought 4 at Tractor Supply. To my surprise they all made it and made it very well. When we ordered there were no Ameraucana's available. About a month after the birds arrived I was at tractor supply getting a bag of feed and there they were. We have had them about a month and just recently tried to integrate them with the flock but the ducks were not having it and would have killed them had we left them out. We will try again when they get a little bigger. Fingers crossed.
Good luck!!!!

I looked at the chick selection yesterday at TSC and they had meat birds mixed in with like 2 other light colored breeds of chicks. I wanted a few chicks, but did not want to risk picking up a meat bird by accident. I couldn't believe they had them all mixed together like that. :hmm
Yeah I was not trying to get meat birds. Just layers. I wanted barred rock pullets, but they didn't have them.

Back
Top Bottom