Tlmcq

Songster
Mar 17, 2017
Pomeroy, OH
Light Brahma,
RIR #1,
Australorp,
sex links BRxRIR #1,

Thanks...I'd like to have 1 roo but don't have enough hens for anymore than that. Will keep fingers crossed. The Australorp was only straight one I bought, rest are supposed to be pullets, but we all know how that goes
1f601.png

Thanks...I'd like to have 1 roo but don't have enough hens for anymore than that. Will keep fingers crossed. The Australorp was only straight one I bought, rest are supposed to be pullets, but we all know how that goes
1f601.png
Yep! As a person who has done feather sexing at the feedstore for selling people those "pullets" I know that its really only a 80% chance, and sometimes we can't even tell! Its harder to tell on younger chicks but also hard to tell on older chicks! Gotta hit that good spot!

Since I only have 1 neighbor and the property is surrounded by landscaping company I don't have to worry about a noisy roo, just don't want any fighting

G’Day from down under Tlmcq
frow.gif
Welcome!

This is a link to the Gender Forum Drumstick Diva mentioned: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Please post your photos at "what  breed or gender is this,"  and do mention age at time of photos.
I posted in breed n gender but they were busy discussing a poor little chick and incubation difficulty, so figured what the heck, I'd give starting one a try, sorry. They are around 5 weeks.

Greetings and a belated
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined our community! I am a horrible breed and gender guesser and will leave it to the experts....so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!
smile.png

Greetings and a belated :welcome !  Happy you joined our community!  I am a horrible breed and gender guesser and will leave it to the experts....so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!  :)
Thanx..Just trying to get second opinion...They're supposed to be pullets but one is straight run. Can't seem to get a verdict on em.

Back
Top Bottom