Hi all :) chicken in chicago

Peruvianchick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
Hi all,
My name is sara and I live on the northside of Chicago. Im 16, and had a rooster for awhile when I was younger, a dyed green one I got from a friend. He is now living at a farm
smile.png
Now ive stumbled upon a week old chick and need some help
sad.png
she is really small and cute but does not want to sleep or eat the chick feed i got her although she loves dried meal worms
sad.png
how can i keep her warmer? and how can i take best care of her?
sad.png
shes black wit whites spots
smile.png
im happy to be joining
D.gif

frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Does she have a heat lamp or any type of heat now?? Days are hot enough I am sure, but if night time temps are below 90 or so, she may need some extra heat.

It's important that she does eat her chick food. Why she is not sleeping could be because she is to cold. Do you have a heat light on her? Try wetting her chick feed and making a mash for. She might like that better. Is she the only chick you have? I'm glad you joined BYC! We are here:welcome to try to help you with your new chick!
welcome-byc.gif
from WA. glad you joined us
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
yes
smile.png
she has a heat lamp that i use for my turtle, and i made her a temporary heatn pad that i hafta reheat evry 6 hours
smile.png
but she still peeps all night
sad.png
n only sleeps wen i hold her
sad.png
could she still be cold?

Quote:
I tried that but she chokes a little. I know with other birds you can feed their crop directly, but can i do that on her?
sad.png
is their anythng else shell eat? And thank you
smile.png
i appreciate the help so much :')

welcome-byc.gif
from Kansas, Peruvianchick.
celebrate.gif
Glad you joined us. I agree with AZBootie...chicks and chickens are very social and kinda freak out when they are alone. Best of luck getting her settled in!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom