Hi all just wanted to

Melanie c43

In the Brooder
Jan 22, 2021
Hi all its day 22 of incubation and 1 egg is pipping its my frist time haching eggs does this mean all 6 will hatch as i didnt see anything in the eggs when i candle them thanks

Do you have candling pics? It's not really possible to have NOTHING in the eggs, especially if one is pipping. If one is pipping, it probably means that your temperature and humidity are right, but it doesn't mean that all 6 will hatch.

Do you have candling pics? It's not really possible to have NOTHING in the eggs, especially if one is pipping. If one is pipping, it probably means that your temperature and humidity are right, but it doesn't mean that all 6 will hatch.
O ok thank you but do i just leave it in the incubator when do i take it out and how long does it take to come out of the egg thank you

I dont have any pics as i wasnt to sure if i was doing it right and just followed you guys on here .

I'm going to tag @MysteryChicken and @Kiki who are FAR more experienced with hatching than I am, to hopefully supplement the info I can give you (this is all info that I've picked up here on BYC)
O ok thank you but do i just leave it in the incubator when do i take it out and how long does it take to come out of the egg thank you
Leave the chick in the incubator until it is at least fully fluffed up. I've heard both that you should leave the chick until another one hatches, because it helps them hatch faster, and that you should take them out when they're fully fluffed, so I'm going to let someone else answer that one.
I think that they take somewhere around 24 hours to fully get out of the eggs.
I dont have any pics as i wasnt to sure if i was doing it right and just followed you guys on here .
Don't candle them right now (I think that you're not supposed to when they're in lockdown) But for future reference: use a bright flashlight (your phone flashlight could work) in a dark room, holding the egg right on the flashlight with the light at the wide end of the egg. It's helpful to have someone else take pictures, because then you can hold the eggs steady.

I'm going to tag @MysteryChicken and @Kiki who are FAR more experienced with hatching than I am, to hopefully supplement the info I can give you (this is all info that I've picked up here on BYC)

Leave the chick in the incubator until it is at least fully fluffed up. I've heard both that you should leave the chick until another one hatches, because it helps them hatch faster, and that you should take them out when they're fully fluffed, so I'm going to let someone else answer that one.
I think that they take somewhere around 24 hours to fully get out of the eggs.

Don't candle them right now (I think that you're not supposed to when they're in lockdown) But for future reference: use a bright flashlight (your phone flashlight could work) in a dark room, holding the egg right on the flashlight with the light at the wide end of the egg. It's helpful to have someone else take pictures, because then you can hold the eggs steady.
Thank you so much im gonna take a look but thank you i really appreciate it.

Hi all its day 22 of incubation and 1 egg is pipping its my frist time haching eggs does this mean all 6 will hatch as i didnt see anything in the eggs when i candle them thanks
No...this does not mean all eggs with hatch.

Only 1 has hatch im hoping its not going to be the only 1 as there r no signs of the others haching can i had some water or do i jst leave it .

Attachments

• 20210306_071635.jpg
    20210306_071635.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom