Hi all! Newbie here!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
The three in the front are 100% cockerels. The ones in the back so far look like pullets.

Thank you! OH MYLANTA! Whats a chicken mama to do? If I have at least 3 cockerels and only 7 other pullets, what are the options??? They are currently in a 500 +\- SF run and have a 81 SF coop? Any suggestions?

Thank you! OH MYLANTA! Whats a chicken mama to do? If I have at least 3 cockerels and only 7 other pullets, what are the options??? They are currently in a 500 +\- SF run and have a 81 SF coop? Any suggestions?
I believe @N F C laid out all but one option... put them in a grow out pen then process them when they are large enough.

Hi :frow and welcome to the flock. I am the last person to ask and with the least expertise here as I am still trying to train my eye to identify genders, but I agree you have 3 handsome cockerels there. I can (finally!) see the long pointy saddle feathers on the hip bone area in front of the tail. Pullets don't have that. It's very visible on the two standing in profile to the right of center.

Back
Top Bottom