Hi all!

Yorkymom

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 19, 2011
So, I'm trying to be a good kid and follow the instructions:)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, I am new to chickens of my own. I have several family members that had chickens when I was growing up, but as a child all I wanted to do was get the eggs. Obviously, I didn't pay any attention to their care!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We do not have any chickens right now, we are in the planning stages and are trying to learn before we jump in. We have 4 acres and want to free range our chickens. Of course that brings up a lot of questions for us!

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I was using Google, trying to settle the question of whether or not we had to put a cover over our chickens. My husband is afraid the local hawks might find a new resturant at our place!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? We mostly just work, travel internationally and go to church! We fostered yorkies for many years through a national rescue. We started having behavior problems about a year ago with 2 of ours so we resigned. I'm not sure anyone can really quit fostering, we have one now
sad.png

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My husband Jackie and I have been married for 24 years next month. Currently my step-son and his family live with us, so our home is more of a zoo than normal. We have 3 yorkies, a shepherd, 5 geese, 5 ducks of our own and 6 wild ones that are hanging out on our pond. We also two large aquariums full of fish, some named and some not (lol), and one short term yorkie foster. I own my own company, we do supported living for developmentally disabled adults. I spend most of my day trying to figure out what the state of California is doing to my business and trying to keep up with the weird wage laws passed by said state!

I am really looking forward to interacting with everyone on this forum. I want to learn from you so that I don't make rookie mistakes that cost my chickens their lives!

Back
Top Bottom